Sponsored

Anyone upgraded their outside mirrors yet?

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I'd love to upgrade my outside mirrors on my V6 to get the turn signals and heating feature. It appears (from photos) that the 12-pin connectors are the same coming from all of the mirror units; the fancier mirror assemblies just have more wires.

I'm wondering about the wiring harness in the car - I'd like to think that they would have a master wiring harness that would be the same for all cars regardless of installed equipment. This is not an unusual manufacturing practice; the minimal cost of the extra wires in the harness is sometimes offset by the savings in logistics, inventory control, prevention of assembly errors, economy of scale, etc.

I know that some people have removed their door panels for various reasons - does anyone happen to know how many wires the mirror connector on the V6s has? I am talking about the connector attached to the car, not the mirror.
Sponsored

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
After reading about the door sill plate wiring on the cars without illuminated sill plates, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping they would work. Might have the harness in place, but I'm betting its not hooked up to anything on the other end.

14MustangV6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
I made the mirror swap on my 2014 V6 and everything (puddle lights and heat) works perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if the mirror swap could be made with the 2015s as well.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Shoot Rachel, AKA: Ford Service a PM and see if her contacts in the tech department can answer this?

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
After reading about the door sill plate wiring on the cars without illuminated sill plates, I wouldn't hold my breath hoping they would work. Might have the harness in place, but I'm betting its not hooked up to anything on the other end.
I can dream, though! :D The fact that all Mustangs have a harness going to the mirrors anyway may work in my favor.

I made the mirror swap on my 2014 V6 and everything (puddle lights and heat) works perfectly. I wouldn't be surprised if the mirror swap could be made with the 2015s as well.
Thanks..that's encouraging! Back in the day, my Hondas were always prewired for accessories too. Hoping the '15 is the same way.

Shoot Rachel, AKA: Ford Service a PM and see if her contacts in the tech department can answer this?
Alaska!
Sponsored