Anyone seen a template for adding heat extractors to standard EB hood

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Hey guys I am looking for a template to cut (yes I know CUT :shocked::shocked: ) heat extractors from the GT onto my EcoBoost. I don't really like the looks of any of the aftermarket hoods and the price to buy a stock GT hood is ridiculous not to mention trying to then sell off or having to store my EB hood. So I figure why not just cut the holes, change the necessary items under the hood (insulator, scoop support etc) and add the extractors themselves. I have a buddy I can develop a template off of his GT but was wondering if anyone has seen one already? Any input is good input as long as its not just someones negative opinion. I'm sure I'm not the only person to have thought of this and would rather put my $700 into an intercooler upgrade rather than buying a stock GT hood so please no negativity.
Sponsored

Firepath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Nothing special yet
GT vents mounting spot is recessed into the hood though isn't it? You won't get the same fit, they would sit on top of, instead of in the hood.

There's another guy on here who has installed a vent into the middle of the hood. It is a big vent with what would seem to be a pretty simple cut / install, and I'd rather go that way if it were me, and get some decent evacuation instead of whatever the GT vents do. They may be functional, but they don't look like they'd be very effective.

OP
OP
Midnight_LMR

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Yea that's what I need to check on, I have a buddy that owns a GT that he is willing to let me make a template and such but I wanted to know if there are alternatives. I like the subtleness of this car so don't want any crazy stuff like the cervini hood or anything but I also know I need a bit better ventilation for heat, cause heat is the enemy of turbos

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
Talk one of these RR GT's into getting an aftermarket hood:D

Then take their take off hood, otherwise the vent mounts are pressed in thus they are recessed a bit into the hood. It would take quite a bit of work/prep to make it work and you would be probably doing some paint work when done. Not worth it for factory vents.

There are tons of aftermarket vents that would work, just need to find the one you want and chop up the hood.

Either way, you have a good deal on a intercooler, don't sweat it;)

OP
OP
Midnight_LMR

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
:cheers:
Sponsored