Sponsored

Anyone running straightpipe with Magnaflow competition on 2018+??

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve got kooks catless headers and a H-pipe on my 2018 GT w/ stock axelbacks and i just don’t care for the metallic rasp that it has. I didn’t want to go for the raspy/loud sound. So I went with the Magnaflow Competition Axel-Back. Has anyone experimented with this set-up with CATLESS headers? I can find vids with a cat back but not any without Cats. If so what did you think of them. Loud but still a deep tone?
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I’ve got kooks catless headers and a H-pipe on my 2018 GT w/ stock axelbacks and i just don’t care for the metallic rasp that it has. I didn’t want to go for the raspy/loud sound. So I went with the Magnaflow Competition Axel-Back. Has anyone experimented with this set-up with CATLESS headers? I can find vids with a cat back but not any without Cats. If so what did you think of them. Loud but still a deep tone?
Seems like a recipe for drone city as those drone stock. But should still be loud but deep.

OP
OP
S550DarkHorse

S550DarkHorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Seems like a recipe for drone city as those drone stock. But should still be loud but deep.
Yeah I figured the drone part. Ehhh I live like 5 miles from work I can deal with the drone.....hopefully lol. long as it sounds good on the outside I’m golden

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yeah I figured the drone part. Ehhh I live like 5 miles from work I can deal with the drone.....hopefully lol. long as it sounds good on the outside I’m golden
Ha that's the spirit! Accelerate through it and stay in the high rpm range !

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I’m running Kooks LTH (catless) w/ Magnaflow X & Competition cat back(active)
It’s loud, but I love it. I think it’s the best sounding exhaust I’ve heard on a coyote. Obviously, everyone has their own opinion of what they prefer. I’ve had 3 different guys come look at the car after I make a pass at the track and tell me how nasty it sounds during burnout and going down track

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I’ve run that combo.
According to the general public “That sounds f@$king AWESOME”
Honestly, from the drivers seat, the drone was too much to live with.
It had to go when I added the Whipple.
You won’t be disappointed with the sound, it’s really just a case of being able to live with it.
Sponsored