Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone running a gt350 do me a favour? Or another open cAi

If you data log your car and can record short term fuel trims, then get it hot until the rad fans come on. What happens to your short term fuel trims while the fans are running and the car is static with the air con off?

Thanks
Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
By the time I'd started the car and found the STFT gauge on the nGauge the coolant was 70'c and STFT was showing around 2%. This is what it looked like after I returned from a short drive.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Graham

so was that with the fans running and air con off? did it change at all when the fans were not running? with tune are you running out of interest?

mine is bang on 0.9-1.1 = -1% to 1% delta like yours until the fans come on, then up to approx 8-11% delta while the fans are running. when they shut off its back to 0% delta.

Strangely if i put the air con on during this period the delta drops to 4% ish

I have tried covering the top of the 350 air bucket with a plank of wood during this period to make a flat seal and it reduces the delta. which suggests my air bucket is not sealing on the hood liner and when the fans come on its blowing hot air into the cai.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes fans on and air con off in the vid.

Whilst the car was idling while I was playing with the nGauge and the fans and air con off, it was flickering between 2 and 3

At no point I put the air con on, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.

OP
OP
v8hgt

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Yes fans on and air con off in the vid.

Whilst the car was idling while I was playing with the nGauge and the fans and air con off, it was flickering between 2 and 3

At no point I put the air con on, I wasn't really sure what I was looking for.
do you still have the hood liner in place or did you remove it? also who's tune are you using? im on AED. Does your actual throttle angle change when the fans come on ? mine seems to jump from 2.4 degrees to 3.4 degrees which i think is in response to it blowing air over the filter .

according to Shaun at AED its called "fan wash" in the trade where the fans blow more air at the open filter causing the trims to lean out. shouldn't happen if the air box is sealing well

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Hood liner still in place
My tune is by Lund
No idea if the throttle angle changes
Sponsored