Sponsored

Anyone running a Department of Boost kit?

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP magnetic metallic
I was looking at purchasing their manifold and building my own kit, anyone here have any experience with their kits?
Sponsored

DrDane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT A6 400A 3.55
I liked the idea of it, really considered going that way, but at the end of the day I see so many people very happy with similar goals to mine on a centri unit I decided to skip the junkyard parts shopping.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
don't know if he still has the car, but [MENTION=8724]908ssp[/MENTION] did one and i believe has a build thread

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT PP
I was looking at purchasing their manifold and building my own kit, anyone here have any experience with their kits?
Waiting for mine to come in, should be this month I am hoping everything else is just sitting here collecting dust...jason over there is SUPER open and helpful on everything which went a long way in deciding which direction to go.

Sponsored

OP
OP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@devnull you may have been the other s550 build he mentioned. I guess he has only sold 2 for the s550 so far. Do you know if you will need to modify or fabricate anything to make the kit work?

devnull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Deep Impact Blue GT PP
@devnull you may have been the other s550 build he mentioned. I guess he has only sold 2 for the s550 so far. Do you know if you will need to modify or fabricate anything to make the kit work?
Its possible, i thought more had been sold than that but cant be for sure. Honestly once its in hand I will know, interested to see how the tensioners will fit and clearance on a few things, fuel rails and routing everything mainly. Im pretty sure the manifold will drop in no problems the valleys are not much different than previous years from what I can tell.

Mounting the HE will most certainly need to fabricate some brackets, past that its going to hopefully be pretty much drop in and just following the previous builds and seeing where it goes.

TBH outside getting a great deal on a steg blower, the hunting and finding parts has been fun for me the list is down to every single item you need so I've enjoyed that part, plus future upgrades should be pretty easy to move too.

I think jason has done a pretty good job on these, and all the other builds seem to be pretty smooth so will know here soon.

OP
OP

longbowsvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward to hearing about your install [MENTION=16944]devnull[/MENTION] I would really like to go this route as well.
Sponsored