Sponsored

Anyone run a Sai Li fuel return on their 18+?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT

BadGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Auto, 1400HP GTR
In my opinion don't skimp on the fuel system, it may cost more in the long run. Although the Sai Li is a good option. I would expect no more then 700rwhp on corn. A good buddy of mine owns a Mustang Shop and he has done many many fuel systems including that system. He says more often then not, they have to pull the Sai out and go with a FORE full system. Sometimes, the customer wants more power then the system can support. But he also said in his experience they don't get what they claim they are rated for.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I don't think stock rails will be an issue at 850ish. With DI helping by 20% it should be fine. There are a couple ways to do it with one regulator. I would set it at 58 psi without a boost reference and watch fuel as you up the boost. You can install a vacuum check valve and boost reference to manifold for boost only just make sure DI is always 58.
850-900 should be fine IMO. The real issue I see with the stock 18 fuel rail is the port side appears to be fed by the high pressure side with one small port. There is no direct feed from the pumps (input) on the port side. I might be wrong there as I cannot see the entire rail just yet, but will confirm once I start tearing it apart.

In my opinion don't skimp on the fuel system, it may cost more in the long run. Although the Sai Li is a good option. I would expect no more then 700rwhp on corn. A good buddy of mine owns a Mustang Shop and he has done many many fuel systems including that system. He says more often then not, they have to pull the Sai out and go with a FORE full system. Sometimes, the customer wants more power then the system can support. But he also said in his experience they don't get what they claim they are rated for.
You can grow with the Sai Li system if need be. Adding after market rails and a -8 return will surely get you close to 1000 on e85. If those 2 mods aren't enough, you can always upgrade both pumps then you are set.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Look im not sure how much the direct injection helps the 18 fuel system out,but i will quarentee this,that on a 15 to 17 that system will no way in hell make 850 whp on e85 and stock rails,me along with a few others were running into.issues at the high 700 whp level with e85.Also Jon Jr will validate this info.

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
Look im not sure how much the direct injection helps the 18 fuel system out,but i will quarentee this,that on a 15 to 17 that system will no way in hell make 850 whp on e85 and stock rails,me along with a few others were running into.issues at the high 700 whp level with e85.Also Jon Jr will validate this info.
I made this same argument 2 years ago on my first Whipple car. Yes at 750ish you are out with a supercharger, but not with a turbo.

Sponsored

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
850-900 should be fine IMO. The real issue I see with the stock 18 fuel rail is the port side appears to be fed by the high pressure side with one small port. There is no direct feed from the pumps (input) on the port side. I might be wrong there as I cannot see the entire rail just yet, but will confirm once I start tearing it apart.

You need to "t" at the inlet side on passenger side for DI and PI. This will feed both. I have not done it with SAI LI but I did with fore. Just watch fuel trims. You also need a 1/4 NPT for fuel sensor on drivers side rail now for the stock sensor.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I made this same argument 2 years ago on my first Whipple car. Yes at 750ish you are out with a supercharger, but not with a turbo.
I agree the turbo's do seem to do a bit better with this setup,i was putting this out their so guys running superchargers wont be dissapointed.I had to put a bap on my setup to keep.from going lean over 6800.rpms and finally 2 weeks ago a pump.starting failing at the track,lucky i was logging.Not worth it to me,i just bought a Fore dual hat with two TI 450 pumps.See what that will get me with stock.rails and id 1000"s.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
The main issue with using the <$1000 fuel systems on a 18 is the factory fuel rails starving the HPFP, I believe right now Sai, Jn2, and Hellhorse are the only ones offering them and of the 3 only the jn2 on re-plumbs the system to feed the HPFP first before the PI fuel rails. The other use a nitrous adapter to tee in a regulator, which would leave the HPFP at the end of the line in terms of fuel access.

Re-plumbing the system like in the pic I posted in the first page would help keep the HPFP feed since it will have first dibs at the fuel, then the rails, then the regulator goes at the end of the system.

As long as fuel flow is maintained and pressure is held, the HPFP won't be starved by the 18's rail design. How ever if you start to lean heavier on the port injectors, you do run the risk of losing pressure through them since it's only a small 3/8" tee bridging the feed line to the rails themselves.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
SLR kit with rails/adequate injector will support 900whp+ on e85. We'll be offering the SLR kit with a rail option come tomorrow.
Good to know being I ordered this kit from you guys last week!?!!

Jesus.

Sponsored

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
can you PM me the info?

I would have ordered them last week.

Thanks
Yes, if they were offered then we definitely would've hooked you up. I'll message you now. You'll enjoy the system, I've ran the s197 version for years now.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I went with Fore Innovations on both my GTs because I did not want any question on the fueling. Fore has great customer service.

helloWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Maxima SE
Yes, if they were offered then we definitely would've hooked you up. I'll message you now. You'll enjoy the system, I've ran the s197 version for years now.
Can you message me as well? I purchased the Sai Li kit for my '18 GT as well during your Black Friday sale and am interested in this rail. Do you know if it addresses the the direct injection system as the others were saying in this thread?
Sponsored