Sponsored

Anyone run a 29.5 x 10.5 x 17 Hoosier DBR?

ThatStockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Vehicle(s)
Lookinnnn
Question for the fast guys…. Has anyone switched from a 28x10x17 Hoosier dbr to a 29.5x10.5 dbr? Curious what et/backspacing will work cause I’m hearing mixed info and also how much will it effect mph? Car is a no prep street car so looking for all the traction!
Sponsored

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If I'm not mistaken that is about the same size as the MT 315/50/17 that some of the fast guys run. Maybe research those, since they may be more commonly used and see what wheel they're running.

OP
OP

ThatStockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Vehicle(s)
Lookinnnn
If I'm not mistaken that is about the same size as the MT 315/50/17 that some of the fast guys run. Maybe research those, since they may be more commonly used and see what wheel they're running.
Yep size wise there about the same! Problem is mustang community is like pulling teeth to get people to talk about what works lmao. My car is gonna be a no prep/street car so looking to see what will help me out the most. It’s a 1000hp whipple car so need whatever help I can get

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You ain't wrong there. I know they'll fit, just getting the right offset is key. I run the 325/45/17 M&H on a 17x12 custom wheel. I jacked the car up and just took all the measurements I could to make sure that wheel combo would work since I had never seen it run. It's actually about the same size as the 305/45 MT though. Good luck, if I come across a definite wheel size that's known to work I'll post it in here

OP
OP

ThatStockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Vehicle(s)
Lookinnnn
You ain't wrong there. I know they'll fit, just getting the right offset is key. I run the 325/45/17 M&H on a 17x12 custom wheel. I jacked the car up and just took all the measurements I could to make sure that wheel combo would work since I had never seen it run. It's actually about the same size as the 305/45 MT though. Good luck, if I come across a definite wheel size that's known to work I'll post it in here
Thanks man! Yeah I’m looking to grab a set of welds that are 17x10 et30 and 7.5 backspacing. That’s a stands mustang fitment and beefcake said it “will” fit but looking for someone that has ran it. I know I need spacers for the rear to raise it about 3/8”

Sponsored

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thanks man! Yeah I’m looking to grab a set of welds that are 17x10 et30 and 7.5 backspacing. That’s a stands mustang fitment and beefcake said it “will” fit but looking for someone that has ran it. I know I need spacers for the rear to raise it about 3/8”
That sounds about right to me. Mine is a 12" with 8.5 bs and mine tuck perfect but I wasn't dealing with near the tire height you have. Once i eventually go boosted, I'm gonna be in the same boat as you I'm sure. Idk if I'm going to be able to fit that size tire on my wheel or have to try a different combo.

OP
OP

ThatStockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vinny
Vehicle(s)
Lookinnnn
That sounds about right to me. Mine is a 12" with 8.5 bs and mine tuck perfect but I wasn't dealing with near the tire height you have. Once i eventually go boosted, I'm gonna be in the same boat as you I'm sure. Idk if I'm going to be able to fit that size tire on my wheel or have to try a different combo.
Gonna try and confirm asap so I can catch one of the 4th of July sales on some rims lol
Sponsored