Sponsored

Anyone run 150mph with the bmr kmember? Ripped part of bumper today....Suspect BOV

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Lost my chin splitter, part of the front bumper and skid plate today on the big end, around 150mph. I went to the bmr kmember and put the skid plate back on with zip ties in the back like the instructions directed a while ago. Ran it several times in the 1/8th, never got over 125. It was pretty quick and the hood had some extreme up and down flutter when it happened. This hasn't happened prior (hood flutter). Perhaps I shouldn't put the skid plate back on when i get a new bumper. If it stated fluttering it might have been what caused the issue. I need to slow motion the video and see if I can figure out if this was during the run or after I let out and rhe BOV let off the steam.
Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
back on with zip ties in the back like the instructions directed
So apparently BMR can't weld up some gussets to securely fasten the front belly pan. I suggest you make em or have somebody make them.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
slow motion the hood definitely starts jumping when I let off (BOV release), perhaps that cause enough pressure under the hood to cause the skid plate to flutter and break free. I watched some other videos and didn't see any hood flutter. Looking at the logs, I was probably 19-20 psi today, which is the same as when I was running the 1/8th and no issue. Perhaps @ 150 versus 120 that added pressure from the additional speed did it. I did recently purchase beefcakes setup off his 2018, with the dual BOVs on the intercooler, maybe that will help.

Last edited:

Leonidas514

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've been faster than 150 and have the BMR k member. I do run the belly pan with zip ties but I personally don't think it's a good setup. Now the hood... I had a Cervinis and it had terrible shudder so I went back to a stocker and it's horrific too. Once I get over 100 my hood starts shaking bad.

OP
OP

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I've been faster than 150 and have the BMR k member. I do run the belly pan with zip ties but I personally don't think it's a good setup. Now the hood... I had a Cervinis and it had terrible shudder so I went back to a stocker and it's horrific too. Once I get over 100 my hood starts shaking bad.
Another local guy said he had the same thing happen twice over 150. He was NA and in Mexico at the time. Sent me a picture it looked the same. He now runs no skid plate and no fender liners. That will probably be what I do, at least when I go to the track.
Sponsored