Anyone Remove a 19 PP1 Rear Spoiler?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I am replacing my Rear PP1 Spoiler and wanted to know has anyone done this? If so, are their mount bolts in the center part or is that section two sided taped down.thanks for your help
Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
There’s two nuts in the center. Yes

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

asc709

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP
I replaced a track pack spoiler on my PP car that the previous owner had installed. He had taped that thing on the whole length of the spoiler! Some fishing line and a heat gun worked perfectly to remove it. Took a long time!

I actually found a white PP spoiler and installed it on the car again…so I went back to stock.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I pulled mine off. Tried the fishing line but struggled with that method. Ended up using a heat gun to soften the tape, masked off the surrounding area and used a plastic pry bar to lift up (not leveraging on the decklid!). Getting off the residue takes a while. Yes, there are bolts under the center - good luck getting it off!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Just don't drop the nuts inside the trunk. I held the trunk down as I did the last few turns so the nut would stay in the socket wrench.
Don't use any pry tools. Fishing line will cut through the double sided tape if you're patient.
This post shows where the tape is located: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/performance-pack-spoiler.128658/post-2660875
Perfect. I have removed other emblems, Two Sided sticker held down parts before with light heat gun, plastic pry bars and Dental Floss. Just takes time. Thank you for the help. I will be replacing it with a CF Anderson Composite or other manufacture Spoiler. Thanks.

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Just don't drop the nuts inside the trunk. I held the trunk down as I did the last few turns so the nut would stay in the socket wrench.
Don't use any pry tools. Fishing line will cut through the double sided tape if you're patient.
This post shows where the tape is located: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/performance-pack-spoiler.128658/post-2660875
Listen to this guy and don't make this mistake like I did. I didn't drop removing, I dropped it installing because I didn't want to wait for a 2nd set of hands to help.

I did figure out a solution, find a song with a lot of bass and jam out until the nut wedges itself in there. I'm only kind of kidding, that thing rattled around when opening and closing the trunk for months. After adding a sub a few months later it stopped. It must have wedged itself in place because I can't hear it moving around in there anymore :cwl:

Dfeeds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
1997 Mustang (5.0 HO swap), 2019 Mustang GT PP1
Perfect. I have removed other emblems, Two Sided sticker held down parts before with light heat gun, plastic pry bars and Dental Floss. Just takes time. Thank you for the help. I will be replacing it with a CF Anderson Composite or other manufacture Spoiler. Thanks.
I was about to say that dental floss has worked well for me, too. I'm not sure if it's any better or worse than a fishing line but one is readily available, to me, and the other isn't lol.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Listen to this guy and don't make this mistake like I did. I didn't drop removing, I dropped it installing because I didn't want to wait for a 2nd set of hands to help.

I did figure out a solution, find a song with a lot of bass and jam out until the nut wedges itself in there. I'm only kind of kidding, that thing rattled around when opening and closing the trunk for months. After adding a sub a few months later it stopped. It must have wedged itself in place because I can't hear it moving around in there anymore :cwl:
I hear you. I worked fighter aircraft for 23 years and it was very common to have to remove bolts, Nuts, washers from DEAD MAN DROP Zones, with no access for retrieving. You had to cut the panel off and to remove lost hardware, then rivet the panel back on. I learned quick about Tying tools to my fingers, Super Glue or Bee Wax to your finger to hold Nuts, Washers, Bolts ETC. Some of these areas were like, anywhere in the Cockpit, Ejection Seat. On the First Check Flight out of our heavy checks, the pilots would fly upside down, moving wings back and forth for anything which was left will flop onto the Canopy and they would pick them up, put them in a Ziplock bag and hand them to our Commander. Not a Good thing to happen. I remember on One FCF, the Avionics technicians didn't secure the Cockpit side Avionic, Counter measure measure boxes down. When the Pilot flew upside down, ALL of the box's some were 60lbs popped out and onto the canopy and his head. Needless to say, you learn quick that every action has a counter reaction and sometimes they can be deadly. Lets just say he was RIGHFULLY Pissed, but landed safely.
Sponsored