Sponsored

Anyone put an Apple iPhone Magsafe charger on their dash?

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone had mounted the new Apple Magsafe Charger on their dash?

I bought the iPhone 12 Mini to replace my iPhone XS and have been using a Scosche Magnetic Mount in mine and it works great. Apple's Magsafe Charger will eliminate the need to plug in my iPhone every time though (first world problem I know). I'm attaching a couple of pictures of my current setup, so swap the black Scosche Magnetic Mount on the right for an Apple Magsafe Charger which would look like a large white puck.

I'm not sure how it would look but thought I might try it. I have a black cable that I'm using to charge my iPhone currently and it looks nicer than a normal white Apple cable and matches the dash a lot more. Just thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts though?

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.32.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-18 at 3.32.37 PM.png
Sponsored

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
What did you end up doing?

I presume you don't use CarPlay?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry but that radar detector cable is butt ugly. Have you thought about doing a mirror tap?

OP
OP

omelet1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Sonata 2.0T Limited
What did you end up doing?

I presume you don't use CarPlay?
I ended up not using a magsafe charger and kept my current setup with the Scosche magnetic holder. I am not using Carplay. The idea of Carplay is great but the implementation on the Mustang leaves a bit to be desired. I’m just using the Sync system for now.

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
I ended up not using a magsafe charger and kept my current setup with the Scosche magnetic holder. I am not using Carplay. The idea of Carplay is great but the implementation on the Mustang leaves a bit to be desired. I’m just using the Sync system for now.
Me either.

I ask because my case causes the Scosche to not make great contact so the phone goes flying during spirited driving.

Is that an Apple case?

Also I have a mirror tap and love it.
Sponsored