Anyone Order Roush SC on 2021?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Wondering how many folks here are waiting for the new CAL to be released so they can get their car.
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering how many folks here are waiting for the new CAL to be released so they can get their car.
new cal got released. haven't heard of any newer that we can expect. The latest one seemed to fix all the issues.

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
The roush for the Gen 3 coyote is a turd. Lund won't even tune it, it's that bad. Literally any other blower is better. Unless you are concerned with keeping your warranty, go with another manufacturer.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
new cal got released. haven't heard of any newer that we can expect. The latest one seemed to fix all the issues.
There's a new CAL for 2021 SC that's awaiting certification. Lots of cars on the lot can't go anywhere until it gets released.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The roush for the Gen 3 coyote is a turd. Lund won't even tune it, it's that bad. Literally any other blower is better. Unless you are concerned with keeping your warranty, go with another manufacturer.
Why do you think it's so bad?
And I do want to keep my warranty.

Sponsored

fuelforfire87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Why do you think it's so bad?
And I do want to keep my warranty.
For one it has super high IAT's. The newer calibration is supposed to help with that, but it's still going to be limited by the intercooler and heat exchanger in the kit. 2nd the design of the casing limits the throttle body size, which on a PD blower you want as large of a throttle body as possible for making power. If you're not looking to make a ton of power the Roush would probably be ok, but if you want to up the boost later, you're much better off going with a VMP, Edelbrock, or Whipple.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
There's a new CAL for 2021 SC that's awaiting certification. Lots of cars on the lot can't go anywhere until it gets released.
Same kit.... I'd call Roush. What they're telling you doesn't correlate with what Roush is telling owners of the kit.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Same kit.... I'd call Roush. What they're telling you doesn't correlate with what Roush is telling owners of the kit.
The owner of the dealership can't even drive any of the cars until the CAL is released. He's in constant contact with Roush. Believe me, if it was out I'd be getting my car Monday.
I spoke to Roush. They confirmed it's not released yet. They said not every CAL update applies to every SC.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed it really is reased when they say.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
For one it has super high IAT's. The newer calibration is supposed to help with that, but it's still going to be limited by the intercooler and heat exchanger in the kit. 2nd the design of the casing limits the throttle body size, which on a PD blower you want as large of a throttle body as possible for making power. If you're not looking to make a ton of power the Roush would probably be ok, but if you want to up the boost later, you're much better off going with a VMP, Edelbrock, or Whipple.
Yeah, but I'm kinda locked into Roush.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Brenspeed put out a video comparing the Whipple Stage 2 on the Whipple tune vs the Roush Phase 2 on the Roush tune on the dyno and it showed the Roush performed better and with the larger heat exchanger and updated calibration the car runs a lot cooler. And yes the warranty is quite important to a lot of people and not all out unusable hp on the street. If your looking to make some major power then definitely the Roush blower wouldn’t be the best choice. All tuners will tune the Roush, just not Lund at this time, and Lund even said they may start tuning them with the new RTD tuning device. Lund doesn’t speak for everyone and there are plenty of Roush blowers out there and they are missing out on a big customer base.

Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, but I'm kinda locked into Roush.
lol, you’ll do fine with Roush. Hossman gaps his stock hellcat with the Roush and he’s phase 1. That’s a more fair comparison.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Touché Jmtoast!

The Roush Phase 1 & 2’s will handle most cars you run into on the street. You’ll be fine Matthewstorm.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Touché Jmtoast!

The Roush Phase 1 & 2’s will handle most cars you run into on the street. You’ll be fine Matthewstorm.
It's supposed to be 750HP.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
It's supposed to be 750HP.
What Jmtoast is saying you’ll be fine with the Roush Phase 2 with 750/670. He was referring to my 19 Roush Stage 3 which is quite possibly a bit underrated Phase 1 calibration at 710/610 and it gaps my stock 18 Hellcat Charger.

I’m actually going to see if I can get my car on the dyno soon just out of curiosity and see what it puts down.

I’m contemplating getting the Phase 2 upgrade or getting a custom 93 & 100 octane tune from VMP, more likely leaning custom VMP tune.
Sponsored