Sponsored

Anyone order back mats? Thinking of Lloyd mats- what is the right color?

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I did get the color chips, black & ebony, from Lloyd. Like you stated, depending on the angle and light, they each look different at times. But the ebony is a closer match, particulary when comparing the colors in the floor area(you're mats aren't going to be in the sunlight, except when you clean them).
Did you also get the trunk mat, and in same color? I ask because I want the trunk mat too, but the trunk area is a light grey. Nothing like the interior of the car. I asked Lloyd about ordering it in a different color, and if they could send me some color chips of the different greys. As is, the ebony color would not look right in the trunk area, though it's perfect for the car's interior.
No, because of an issue with one of my rear wheels( it was a front PP2 wheel), Ford gave me the trunk mat for free. I think I would prefer a plastic liner style to a carpet anyway. In my last car, I had a full sealed bottle of Pennzoil oil open in the heat and dump nearly all 5 quarts into my trunk.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Curious what the consensus is on color to match the trunk material. Anyone have first hand perspective?

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I got the weather tech , somehow the sand and dirt seem to get under the carpet type mats, and uuggg.

OP
OP
Fly2High

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Curious what the consensus is on color to match the trunk material. Anyone have first hand perspective?
I had some issues with the dealership over an incorrect PP2 rim and for my troubles they gave me the Ford trunk liner for free. Personally, I would prefer the plastic style liner over a rug in the trunk but that is me.

As for Lloyd, they will send you small chips of rug in the colors you are interested in. Ask them to send you some.

Post photos of whatever you do get.

All the best,
Frank

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
My car came with floor mats, cannot stand the look of weather tech, plastic liners .......... cheapens the over all appearance, gross .

To be clear, the car is a fun car to play with. Floor mats wear out......... hello Ford

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
My car came with floor mats, cannot stand the look of weather tech, plastic liners .......... cheapens the over all appearance, gross .

To be clear, the car is a fun car to play with. Floor mats wear out......... hello Ford
I'm not looking at the floor much while driving.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
Since I daily mine, I purchased Weather Tech mats. I just leave them in the back year round. Basically nobody sees them except for the very occasional rear passenger.

mmff88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
I bought Race Red Lloyd's mats to give some color to my black interior in the warm months. In the cold months, I run WeatherTech black mats. If I had to do it again, I might consider gray WetherTechs. The black shows every bit of salt that I track in on them.

As an aside, before I start spraying the adhesive for the vinyl heel pad that I just bought for my carpeted mats, does anyone have a better solution -- other than driving shoes -- for all of the wear I get from my heels under the pedals. When I was a kid, I (think) I remember that places like MG Mitten had an option for a heel pad on the coco mats that were all the rage back then. Now, I never see them as an option on mats.

PXL_20210912_150922397.jpg
Sponsored