Sponsored

anyone modify factory GT350R Recaro's for anti-sub belt?

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
Care to share?
I bought the anti-sub belt from Schroth and there’s a guy on the TrackMustangsOnline.com who makes a harness bracket. I will be sitting on the belts.
Sponsored

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I bought the anti-sub belt from Schroth and there’s a guy on the TrackMustangsOnline.com who makes a harness bracket. I will be sitting on the belts.
I meant how to find the bracket. I was thinking of runing the 6-point anti-sub belts under my thighs, through the slot between the seat and the seat back, and clipping them to the same clip mount that the lap belts are clipped to. I think this is an accepted routing by Schroth.

OP
OP
meterman

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I meant how to find the bracket. I was thinking of runing the 6-point anti-sub belts under my thighs, through the slot between the seat and the seat back, and clipping them to the same clip mount that the lap belts are clipped to. I think this is an accepted routing by Schroth.
another 6G forum member sent me this link for a Track Mustangs Online forum who makes them. Reach out to him.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/threads/fs-combo-lap-sub-belt-mounts-for-s550-and-gt350.13354/

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
To the OP - I am in a similar place as when you first posted. Trying to get setup for HPDE’s. I’m concerned about the route you took being legal for NASA and other organizers. Were you able to pass tech inspection with this, meaning sitting on the sub belts and having them attached through the gap between the seat bottom/back, and what organization? Also how did your CMS roll bar work out? Seems like a better roll bar vs the Watson.

SchnellGT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Would be really interesting to see if anyone has modified the bottom of the seat to create and sew in a pass through. Guessing that if it was easy / economical people would be doing that versus fabricating up a bunch of mounting hardware though...

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
I'm using the bracket from the guy on TMO and sitting on my anti-sub straps, works well for me.
Sponsored