Sponsored

Anyone made the move from a PP2 to a Mach 1?

roc712gl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350, Mach 1
if you want to put a TR3160 in your I have one for sale. Just trans, shifter and drive shaft you will need to buy a trans cooler.
Sponsored

willymo72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
I don't believe the pp2 will be more rare. It's been out almost the entire life of the s550. I've seen so many of them just say to day or CnC etc. still have yet to see a Mach here, limited run for three years. I think the tremec alone is worth it. The Mach will hold its value longer as well
I don't know how much the M1 will hold it's value any more than say a bullitt mustang. Ford produced roughly 6000 per year between 2021-2022, and now with the shortened 2023 run, that's even more of them out there. With 12k+ produced, it will be hard to truly call these limited. I can see the M1s in the $40s in a few years, which at that point will be an absolute bargain.

Also the fact that the new s650 dark horse will basically be a newer and better (spec wise) version of the M1, only puts more pressure on them holding their value. Just my opinion

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I don't know how much the M1 will hold it's value any more than say a bullitt mustang.
Unlike Bullitt and PP2, Mach 1 offered something in terms of performance (not hp - suspension / wheels / tires).

Whether it will hold value is yet to be seen, but if anything will (from regular GTs) - it's Mach 1.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I don't know how much the M1 will hold it's value any more than say a bullitt mustang. Ford produced roughly 6000 per year between 2021-2022, and now with the shortened 2023 run, that's even more of them out there. With 12k+ produced, it will be hard to truly call these limited. I can see the M1s in the $40s in a few years, which at that point will be an absolute bargain.

Also the fact that the new s650 dark horse will basically be a newer and better (spec wise) version of the M1, only puts more pressure on them holding their value. Just my opinion
the Bullitt holds its value better than a standard GT and if the Mach holds as well as a Bullitt then I guess it will hold better than a GT. Your going to see a lot of people not go to the s650 iPad dash and prefer the classic mustang look and feel. To the majority of the world a mach1 is a mach1 and a pp2 is just a mustang gt.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
if you want to put a TR3160 in your I have one for sale. Just trans, shifter and drive shaft you will need to buy a trans cooler.
I think if I keep my car this year I will swap the trans over.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
With 12k+ produced, it will be hard to truly call these limited.
PP2 was USA/Canada only, Mach 1 is worldwide. You got maybe 8-9k cars. Holding value is irrelevant anyway, we can talk about that in 30 years. Any Mustang will be (still) iconic then šŸ˜

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
the Bullitt holds its value better than a standard GT and if the Mach holds as well as a Bullitt then I guess it will hold better than a GT. Your going to see a lot of people not go to the s650 iPad dash and prefer the classic mustang look and feel. To the majority of the world a mach1 is a mach1 and a pp2 is just a mustang gt.
????
The M1 is nothing more than a Mustang model. Like the 69/70
Everyone called them mustang mach1
And the 69/70 were certainly more different that the regular mustang ( 428 CJ and CJR) than the present generation
Donā€™t fool yourself, the M1 will depreciate steeply like every mass produced vehicles
That doesnā€™t mean that it is not a step up from other mustang models

Last edited:

Mavtop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1 #3530
Vehicle Showcase
All cars depreciate. Some lucky ones appreciate. Take good care of your cars.

That being said, I plan to daily drive and take it to the track, and all the back canyons of Arizona. Full send.

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
????
The M1 is nothing more than a Mustang model. Like the 69/70
Everyone called them mustang mach1
And the 69/70 were certainly more different that the regular mustang ( 428 CJ and CJR) than the present generation
Donā€™t fool yourself, the M1 will depreciate steeply like every mass produced vehicles
That doesnā€™t mean that it is not a step up from other mustang models
True but I could care less about the depreciation. I bought this car to drive it and enjoy it. My 14GT I owned for 7 years bought it for 35K and it sold for 20K with 130K miles, I would say that's a win win so I am not even worried about re-sale value on the M1. if you have a V8 (even more so if its 6 speed) it will keep its value fairly well and the M1 being a more special car will keep its value even better.

Your comment should apply to BMW & Mercedes. Those cars depreciate significantly mustangs are fine.
Sponsored