Sponsored

Anyone made the move from a PP2 to a Mach 1?

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
What's wrong with regular cruise control? I just find it silly for that being a reason to not get a particular car. I have adaptive cruise in my Accord and I find it annoying because of how it accelerates once someone moves and just wastes gas to get back up to speed. Sometimes it will even over brake when someone pulls in front of you if you have it set to 3 car lengths. Overall, I can definitely live without it and set the cruise myself.
I donā€™t even use my cruise control.
Sponsored

Polski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marek
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP2 401A
Vehicle Showcase
What's wrong with regular cruise control? I just find it silly for that being a reason to not get a particular car. I have adaptive cruise in my Accord and I find it annoying because of how it accelerates once someone moves and just wastes gas to get back up to speed. Sometimes it will even over brake when someone pulls in front of you if you have it set to 3 car lengths. Overall, I can definitely live without it and set the cruise myself.
nothing wrong with the regular one and I would never have this to be the reason I buy or don't a car. Just saying that it is nice, but not necessary. (someone else did that, which is their decision)

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2023 BMW M440i, 2020 Ram 1500, 2021 Jeep JK
Agreed, we have it in the BMW. I do not use it, my neighbor swears by it though.

trackd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
August
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP2 (SOLD), 73 240Z RB26DETT
I truly looked hard for a Mach 1 (HP a must) over a few weeks, that Tremec is gold. But it was still $15-20K more than a GT early last year. If $$ was no issue I'd pick one up, but saw the PP2 had a lot going for it in the low $40Ks, plus this option is not that 'visible' and is in low numbers. A Tremec upgrade is not that expensive either and coolers are needed only at the higher end for hot tracking. So it was, found a low miles PP2 that was built in March 2019 but first sold in Feb 2020, so really helped the warranty start period. Plus I trust the Coyote more than the FPC Shelby's reliability wise.

By the way, do insurance companies see the same with a Mach 1 vs the common GT? PP2 didn't add any surcharges.

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Hagerty has my car listed as a Mach, with the declared value. My 03 Mach, was listed as a GT Premium

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Adaptive cruise control is one of those features that everyone calls the same thing, but its implementation can be VERY different (better/worse) from one car to the next. I've heard of people loving it in one car, and hating it in another.

But if it's well implemented, and you do a lot of road trips in traffic, I can see it being a feature that's hard to go without once you've experienced it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Adaptive cruise control is one of those features that everyone calls the same thing, but its implementation can be VERY different (better/worse) from one car to the next. I've heard of people loving it in one car, and hating it in another.

But if it's well implemented, and you do a lot of road trips in traffic, I can see it being a feature that's hard to go without once you've experienced it.
It would certainly vary by the type of trips you do and your highway vs city driving. Here in central Texas, you do about 50/50 unless you get outside of the main cities. Cruise control really is only good if you happen to get a more open stretch of highway with little traffic. Day to day I find myself not really using it. I will agree it can definitely be how the car company implements it because I've literally had my Honda brake due to a car turning right into the right lane while I'm in the center. You can get some random glitches like that which will make the sensors freak out sometimes but other times it works just fine. My parking sensors also freak out every time I get behind a Ford or Lincoln with rear parking sensors. It has interference with certain brands of sensors they use.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
It would certainly vary by the type of trips you do and your highway vs city driving. Here in central Texas, you do about 50/50 unless you get outside of the main cities. Cruise control really is only good if you happen to get a more open stretch of highway with little traffic. Day to day I find myself not really using it. I will agree it can definitely be how the car company implements it because I've literally had my Honda brake due to a car turning right into the right lane while I'm in the center. You can get some random glitches like that which will make the sensors freak out sometimes but other times it works just fine. My parking sensors also freak out every time I get behind a Ford or Lincoln with rear parking sensors. It has interference with certain brands of sensors they use.
Yeah, I live in Dallas, and I mostly use CC (non-adaptive) on road trips to the other big Texas cities... I still have to manually use all three pedals from time to time (esp driving through Waco construction), but it still saves a lot of effort, and you can often make whatever speed adjustments you need just with your left hand.

I rarely use it on trips around town, anything under an hour or so even on fairly open freeways.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cracking yourself up over there I see. You taught me a new word today. Thank you.

"Witzelsucht: excessive facetiousness and inappropriate or pointless humor especially when considered as part of an abnormal condition"

Or basically...."People who laugh at their own unfunny jokes."
Actually, it is pointed at you, am laughing at you.

We make things clear for the simple-minded, so there it is.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
This is what I was referring to with the cherry picking. When it comes to a track car, things like improved front and rear subframe cradles, toe links, steering ratios, spring rates and bushings matter. Sure a better transmission with a shorter gear ratio is noteworthy, but the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in the case of the Mach 1. The extra HP across the entire power band doesnā€™t hurt either in my opinion.

I get your point, but I'm replying specifically to the OP who already has a PP2, has modified the car and is using the car for track use. I really don't think for his usage the individual part differences are significant enough to consider a Mach 1. You mention the toe links, but I've changed mine and they appear be the same as PP1 toe-links. My toe links were not special. Springs and bushings are relatively easy to change and the rear subframe can be improved with a lockout kit. My Mach 1 still had large, relatively soft bushings in the rear subframe and very soft toe bushings in the rear knuckles. I've also not seen where the front subframe is different.

I think too many people think the Mach 1 is a lot more special than it really is, especially when they compare 5 year old lap times from the GT350R with different tires. It's still an S550 chassis and the bits and pieces changed are not huge or difficult to change. Heck-the Mach 1 has a bonded bushing front sway bar still! The hardest things to change are the transmission and coolers which I think would be the biggest upgrade consideration for the OP's situation.

Sponsored

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, we have it in the BMW. I do not use it, my neighbor swears by it though.
I tried it in 540i intensively, never liked it. I like my regular cruise control in Mustang better, for highway and for long villages. If there's cars in front of me, I like to keep my distance or overtake them, not do as they do, ACC just doesn't suit my driving style. Ofc it's best to avoid this kind of traffic in the first place šŸ˜

Coastal-Mach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
I tried it in 540i intensively, never liked it. I like my regular cruise control in Mustang better, for highway and for long villages. If there's cars in front of me, I like to keep my distance or overtake them, not do as they do, ACC just doesn't suit my driving style. Ofc it's best to avoid this kind of traffic in the first place šŸ˜
I also like being in control, haven't used cruise in the Mach yet. Soon enough.

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Adaptive cruise is awfully nice when in traffic jams with start and stop in my F-150. It was actually very nice in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge traffic.

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
I have found with the attention my Mach 1 gets, along with a unique license plate, that cruise control is my friend. When just cruising, I set it for 5-8 mph over and don't have to worry about tickets.

Although I do prefer the ACC in my Lincoln and the wife's GT convertible, it definitely was not a deal breaker with the Mach 1. ACC helps keep the blood pressure down when stuck behind self-professed speed enforcers or just plain idiots who can't maintain a constant speed. Lol

OP
OP
saleen367

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP N3451 2015 Focus
Honest question: How do you know it isn't a good fit? The S650 is still vaporware at this point.

A GT w/ PP2 is a smokin' ride. If it were me, I'd probably keep it until S650 is fully revealed. But if you get really antsy, an upgrade to a Mach1, or one of the Shelbys isn't a bad move.
From what I've seen from the interior, I prefer the S550. I'm not into the electronic touch screen gadgetry. I really enjoy reaching out and grabbing a knob to turn something on or off/up or down. Its another reason I didn't buy a premium back in 2018 ... just unwanted fluff for me. Just a personal preference is all.
Sponsored

Last edited: