Anyone live near Indy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Im looking for someone in the Indy/Carmel Indiana area with a GT500 who’s willing to let me validate the fitment of a twist to lock oil funnel. It’s come to my attention to 2022+ cars don’t come with the black extension tube between the valve cover and oil cap. When the passenger side catch can is installed, our current version has some clearance issues. I’m looking to test a counter-twist model which I’m hoping will solve our problem.

If you agree to help, It’ll take a total of 10 seconds. You’ll be given a free 3D printed oil funnel for your trouble, and my gratitude of course!

Thanks!

B659A9DC-C536-4D46-9785-63AFFA73E6C6.jpeg
Sponsored

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Actually a wheel company near Indy is looking for a GT500 for wheel figment.
Any Indy/Terre Haute GT500 members here?
PilotGore if there’s nobody found I may be driving my 500 out to the wheel company soon. As in very soon (1-2wk) so you can test fit mine.
Plus I’m a huge Colts fan and go to one game a year so maybe I’ll bring the car down for a fall game :)
Good luck I’ve heard good things on your products
-J

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Actually a wheel company near Indy is looking for a GT500 for wheel figment.
Any Indy/Terre Haute GT500 members here?
PilotGore if there’s nobody found I may be driving my 500 out to the wheel company soon. As in very soon (1-2wk) so you can test fit mine.
Plus I’m a huge Colts fan and go to one game a year so maybe I’ll bring the car down for a fall game :)
Good luck I’ve heard good things on your products
-J
Awesome, Thanks, keep me posted! If you come into town and I’m around I wouldn’t mind at least checking the car out and saying hi.

I may have it figured out, but not totally sure. I suppose I could always pop into a dealership and test fit the funnels on a showroom floor car.

-Jon

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
Awesome, Thanks, keep me posted! I may have it figured out, but not totally sure. I suppose I could always pop into a dealership and test fit the funnels on a showroom floor car.
Don’t get tazed bro.
Seriously I could’ve test fit one at the last dealer I saw a 500 at. Both ‘68 and ‘22 had hoods open no barriers.
Let us know if they fit.
My dealer did the first change but I’ll do the second and if this fits all Coyote cars I’m a buyer.
-J

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Don’t get tazed bro.
Seriously I could’ve test fit one at the last dealer I saw a 500 at. Both ‘68 and ‘22 had hoods open no barriers.
Let us know if they fit.
My dealer did the first change but I’ll do the second and if this fits all Coyote cars I’m a buyer.
-J
The original funnel fits as long as you have the black extension pipe ($11 at the dealer if your car didn’t come with it) but it’d be nice to not have to buy that if you don’t need it for anything else.

The funnel does in fact fit all coyotes as well as a TON of other modern ford engines. Some engines have the same fit, but the oil cap is mounted flat on top of the engine. For those cars we have a funnel without the 45 degree neck and an added air vent.

At any rate, whatever we decide to go with (reverse twist or the extended neck variant) will continue to fit all the models I mentioned.

Sponsored

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Hey @Epiphany, can I try this bad boy out at your place tomorrow? Unfortunately we don't have the counter twist model done yet....

IMG_3515.jpeg

IMG_3514.jpeg

IMG_3512.jpeg

IMG_3511.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I read your post, turned around, and the car did this...

20220821_171033.jpg

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I'm in Brownsburg, if you're still looking for a tester.
20220910_194922.jpg
That’d be great, I appreciate it. The next iteration of the counter-twist funnel should be ready soon. Maybe I could stop in sometime next week to test it out?

Sponsored

mradwin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marshall
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500
Sure, happy to do that. Keep me posted.

- Marshall

THX 138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack, 2002 Porsche Boxster S 3.8L
Jon, mradwin is my neighbor across the street. Small world, huh? Be sure to stop by & say hi if you head over this way.

OP
OP
pilotgore

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Jon, mradwin is my neighbor across the street. Small world, huh? Be sure to stop by & say hi if you head over this way.
Oh, that’s perfect! I absolutely will.

Status
Not open for further replies.