• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Anyone know what the lights are for on the inside corners of the upper grill??

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
The... current generation, that we're all driving. :giggle: Performance models no of course, but the GT and Ecoboost have had them since '15. In fact, the S650 looks like the first generation without them in a while.

'18s and up have fogs as well—LED, not halogen.

IMG_9270__27194.jpg
I honestly don't see a ton of them around especially at night so I was not aware. My Mach 1 is my first mustang as well. I just didn't realize they had them way down there on the oem signals.
Sponsored

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I honestly don't see a ton of them around especially at night so I was not aware. My Mach 1 is my first mustang as well. I just didn't realize they had them way down there on the oem signals.
Nah I getcha, just ribbing. But yes, the S550 on down have had foglights in at least the base and GT trims. They seem to be oddly absent on the S650, from what we've seen. Unless they're somehow integrated into the main headlight unit with some fancy motorized voodoo, we may just be using aftermarkets if we want fogs.

I can't say I'm all too broken up about it myself, but I rarely if ever see fog.

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I asked the same thing last week and was informed the fog lights wouldn't be on the pre-production models.
Hmmm. Is that asking one of the Ford suits? If so, might that imply fogs are sticking around in some fashion or another? Or is that the most wishful of wishful thinking? :giggle:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Nah I getcha, just ribbing. But yes, the S550 on down have had foglights in at least the base and GT trims. They seem to be oddly absent on the S650, from what we've seen. Unless they're somehow integrated into the main headlight unit with some fancy motorized voodoo, we may just be using aftermarkets if we want fogs.

I can't say I'm all too broken up about it myself, but I rarely if ever see fog.
I just don't see a reason for it most of the time. I don't have them on mine and I do experience thick fog as I'm located right on the north shore on lake superior but fog lights really don't even help anyway when it gets as thick as it does sometimes. Just have to be more cautious or be ready to hit a deer if you want to drive fast.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I saw this explained in a video a while back. It has something to do with the viewing angle. If you're off to the side at a certain angle you need to see 2 lights. It was a way to meet the federal requirements. Now I have to look at the European version to see if it's on there.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
I just don't see a reason for it most of the time. I don't have them on mine and I do experience thick fog as I'm located right on the north shore on lake superior but fog lights really don't even help anyway when it gets as thick as it does sometimes. Just have to be more cautious or be ready to hit a deer if you want to drive fast.
Who drives fast in fog??? The folks in most of the multi-car pileups in the fog.

Last edited:

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
I haven't seen any OEM fogs on any newer car worth anything. In my opinion they are a great decoration. If you want efective fog lighting one needs to get after market from a company that specializes in design and testing. These products won't be cheap costing $250 and up. Back in 69 I installed Cibie fogs on my Mach1 that worked super well.

Tommy Nokes

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gr Cherokee Trailhawk, 2023 Audi Q8
My wild guess: some regional legislation requiring that both headlights must be visible by onlookers up to a 40 degree angle so as to not confuse cars with bikes.
You are correct!

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
I was honestly thinking it was just because it’s a pre production. Model and it was an oversighted light leak but seeing it closer like that.. yeh not sure. Could be entry lights.
Maybe just like running lights after car started which is on most Canadian built vehicles.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Never seen these till now LOL

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr