Sponsored

Anyone know how to locate the IMEI on a 2019+ GT350?

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Need to provide AT&T with the IMEI number for them to see if they can unlock the unit modem, which will (or may) allow me to activate hotspot it in Europe.

In the Sync 3 menu, I can only find the modem ESN. Nothing on IMEI.

Called Ford, they told me to contact the dealer. Talked to a few dealers back home (US), and they weren't able to help. Haven't taken it to a dealer here yet. Called AT&T Ford Pass Connect--no joy.

Other than physically accessing the unit, does anyone know how to get the IMEI?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Thanks. I'll contact him. Not looking for a module, however. Just looking for the number on my module without having to physically take it out. He may know how though, given the process he went through. Thanks again.
Yeah. I figured that someone who could move these modules from one car to another would know how to find the IMEI without too much fuss. Depending on where it's located, it could be accessible and all you have to do is look. On the new Ranger, for instance, you open the glove box and there it is.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
There's a sticker near the bottom of the door jam that should have it. If not, On my GT the modem is tucked near the OBD port on the floor. Not sure why a 350 would be any different.

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
There is a sticker on the Telematics Control Unit as well with the IMEI. There may be a way to read it in the Sync 3 Diagnostics screen if any techs on the forum can offer the means to access the diagnostic screens.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
also....ATT should be able to identify your IMEI with your VIN. When you register for ATT Hotspot, they just needs your VIN which is tied to the IMEI #.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
also....ATT should be able to identify your IMEI with your VIN. When you register for ATT Hotspot, they just needs your VIN which is tied to the IMEI #.
I received the car here. It's never been registered in the States. Are you saying if I register it now, even if I it doesn't connect, the IMEI will appear to them?

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
I received the car here. It's never been registered in the States. Are you saying if I register it now, even if I it doesn't connect, the IMEI will appear to them?
The ATT hot Spot registration does not reveal the IMEI #. However, ATT has the database with all VINs and corresponding IMEI #s. They should be able to identify the IMEI just by you supplying the VIN.

OP
OP

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
The ATT hot Spot registration does not reveal the IMEI #. However, ATT has the database with all VINs and corresponding IMEI #s. They should be able to identify the IMEI just by you supplying the VIN.
Thanks. That's good info. Searched everything mentioned above and couldn't find anything. I'll give them a call again tomorrow and be very specific. Hopefully, with that they can help out.

Sponsored

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Need to provide AT&T with the IMEI number for them to see if they can unlock the unit modem, which will (or may) allow me to activate hotspot it in Europe.

In the Sync 3 menu, I can only find the modem ESN. Nothing on IMEI.

Called Ford, they told me to contact the dealer. Talked to a few dealers back home (US), and they weren't able to help. Haven't taken it to a dealer here yet. Called AT&T Ford Pass Connect--no joy.

Other than physically accessing the unit, does anyone know how to get the IMEI?
I know this is a bit old, but in case you're still wondering or anyone else is:

Open trunk, peel back the liner on the left side a couple inches. You'll see a module there (TCU/modem) with part number JR3T-14G229-AK and it has the IMEI printed on it. Snap a pic, close your trunk. Won't take you more than a minute.

Directly behind the left rear tail light.

kqChMag.jpg

Last edited:

YogaPants

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justas
Vehicle(s)
FORD Mustang GT 2019 PP1
Thanks. That's good info. Searched everything mentioned above and couldn't find anything. I'll give them a call again tomorrow and be very specific. Hopefully, with that they can help out.
Hey, did you manage to connect your Mustang to the 4g in the end? If so, please let me know how. Thanks.
Sponsored