Anyone know a good guy for AC Evaporator Replacement

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
My AC Evaporator went bad. As per the curse of the S550 it seems. I have a 2016 Ecoboost and took it to AutoNation and they quoted me $2378 to fix the AC. That's definitely a bit pricey and seems like they want to replace the whole climate control box, instead of the TSB 18-2256 says we can replace just the evaporator core, a $180-ish part at most.

Got in touch with another guy on the forum who replace the evaporator himself. So before I dive into taking sometime to do this myself, just wanted to see if anyone had this work done or can recommend someone. If it's something closer to the $1200-1500 it may become a consideration. But then again, all I have is time with COVID.

Thanks in advance guys.

-Jimayy
Sponsored

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
My AC Evaporator went bad. As per the curse of the S550 it seems. I have a 2016 Ecoboost and took it to AutoNation and they quoted me $2378 to fix the AC. That's definitely a bit pricey and seems like they want to replace the whole climate control box, instead of the TSB 18-2256 says we can replace just the evaporator core, a $180-ish part at most.

Got in touch with another guy on the forum who replace the evaporator himself. So before I dive into taking sometime to do this myself, just wanted to see if anyone had this work done or can recommend someone. If it's something closer to the $1200-1500 it may become a consideration. But then again, all I have is time with COVID.

Thanks in advance guys.

-Jimayy
How did this go? I may have someone for you if it hasnt been done, yet. He's a Tech at a Houston Ford Dealer who does great work.

OP
OP
Jimayy

Jimayy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost
How did this go? I may have someone for you if it hasnt been done, yet. He's a Tech at a Houston Ford Dealer who does great work.
I was able to do it with my Dad over the weekend a while back. Link
So far so good. Thanks for checking. Maybe if there is ever any work that I'm extra concern with or something beyond the realm of DIY, I could look into it.

Kobi Addiction

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT350
I was able to do it with my Dad over the weekend a while back. Link
So far so good. Thanks for checking. Maybe if there is ever any work that I'm extra concern with or something beyond the realm of DIY, I could look into it.
Sounds good, glad it was taken care of. I do most of the work myself, with only a couple people I trust my car with if I cant handle it. He's the only one I would hand keys over to at any Ford Dealership.
Sponsored