Sponsored

Anyone Installed Wheel Spacers???

nortoncommando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Metallic GT PP Premium w/Nav
Has anyone installed wheel spacers on their GT's with PP? I saw GT yesterday with them and it looked really good. I asked my neighbor who is a life long mechanic and he said that they have been known to loosen. So they could need to be checked from time to time. Also he said he wouldn't recommend on car with Independent rear suspension. He said it could cause extra loading and accelerated wear. Not to mention added wear on the inboard edge of the tires. Independent rear suspension systems require alignment like front suspensions.

What do you guys think? Any experience? Here is a set from CJ Pony Parts. http://www.cjponyparts.com/wheel-sp...black-pair-v6-ecoboost-gt-2015-2016/p/WHSP19/
Sponsored

strengthrehab

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Base GT with PP
I have 25mm spacers installed. Just put them on about 10 days ago. I'll get different wheels soon but I've checked them and they haven't loosened.

pumxee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hamza
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6 DIB
I had them until I saw this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are they bad for your car?

I watched the video but.... how come they are so popular if they are so dangerous?

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
I'm running 20mm spacers with no issues. I used a tiny drop of loctite on the studs that hold them on.

Sponsored

DavisCustoms

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost Premium
Personally, I never use them.
The important thing is to use quality parts and install them correctly and you'll be fine

If using Loctite (recommended)
Be sure to torque the nuts down correctly while the loctite is still wet. (Do not retorque them afterwards)
OR
If NOT using Loctite
Torque the nuts down and retorque them after 100 miles, and check them every other oil change or so.

I've dealt with so many customers when working at a Ford dealership bringing in cars with vibrations after they incorrectly install wheel spacer/adapters and/or using cheap knock off parts.:tsk:

Last edited:

American

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT / 17 GT350
I have had no issues with mine during daily beating and autocross. I only have them temporarily until I put on aftermarket wheels, though. I just could not stand the aesthetics of the crap offsets of the stock wheels. Looked like the car skipped leg day. Much better now.

25236467523_c28b733076_c.jpg

kn7671

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Using quality hub-centric spacers (such as Edelbrock), taking care to prep the surfaces when installing, and using a quality torque wrench are all very important factors of ensuring no problems are encountered.

Sponsored

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Using quality hub-centric spacers (such as Edelbrock), taking care to prep the surfaces when installing, and using a quality torque wrench are all very important factors of ensuring no problems are encountered.
This^^^
The key is hub-centric :cheers:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I just could not stand the aesthetics of the crap offsets of the stock wheels. Looked like the car skipped leg day.[/IMG]

Looks great, and, hahahaha, nice analogy. I had a couple of bros in a gym I went to for a few months, extreme cases of that ...

Bro: "Hey brah, how much you bench?"

Me: "Before I answer that, let me ask you: how much do you squat?"

*confused looks*

:lol:

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I actually have a question: has anyone installed non-stud type spacers (i.e., that just slip over the existing studs vs. having their own)?

Wondering what the widest is that still provides a safe amount of stud/thread exposure, and that would be worth the cost. I'm thinking that even a small amount of additional outward offset would make a noticeable change to the looks, so something in the 5-10mm range?

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I actually have a question: has anyone installed non-stud type spacers (i.e., that just slip over the existing studs vs. having their own)?

Wondering what the widest is that still provides a safe amount of stud/thread exposure, and that would be worth the cost. I'm thinking that even a small amount of additional outward offset would make a noticeable change to the looks, so something in the 5-10mm range?
Curious to this question as well ...