Sponsored

Anyone in California have smog issues after IM install?

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I noticed that the three IMs ( Cobra Jet, GT350, Boss 302) are not CA compliant, not even sure why the Boss 302 and GT350 aren't CA legal, I'm guessing that only if the car comes with said intakes, they are legal.

My question is, has anyone installed any of the mentioned intakes, and was able to pass smog? If I'm not able to get one of these intakes, I'll have to go with a SC. Not that going with a SC is a bad thing, but it's also quite more expensive, obviously.

Any help is appreciated
Sponsored

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
I was wondering something similar. I was wondering why the GT 350 IM is California compliant if you purchase it in the performance package three rather than by itself same with the throttlebody.

OP
OP
JustinReed

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I was wondering something similar. I was wondering why the GT 350 IM is California compliant if you purchase it in the performance package three rather than by itself same with the throttlebody.
This is very puzzling!

Where have you seen the PP 3 for sell?

phatsesh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 convertible GT
American muscle and other sites. I'm thinking it may have something to do with that tune that's included in the package

OP
OP
JustinReed

JustinReed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
American muscle and other sites. I'm thinking it may have something to do with that tune that's included in the package
I recently found it, but it states the calibration is 50 state legal, I'm guessing that's just the calibration, I honestly have no clue.

Sponsored