Sponsored

Anyone here purchased a former rental car?

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
CVCashmere was a rental GT vert from Canada that was brought down to the USA to sell.

No mechanical issues, but I bought it with 12,000 miles.

Shop the Florida used car dealers near Disney World & Miami. They 15 Ecoboost verts in stock as the cars are used one year and traded in from the rental car fleet.

Some good buys there.

CVCashmere
Sponsored

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Well she found one she liked. Car is a '17 EB Premium. Magnetic. Just turned 20K. A small ding (PDR guy will be able to handle that) a few minor paint blemishes (a full paint correction will do the trick). Interior is immaculate, car runs / drives great. $23K. She's happy with the deal - so that's all that matters. I showed her Sport mode and I may have created a monster. Her first comment "Can you make it sound more like your car.."

Jeez - off to listen to EB exhaust clips.

One issue - one of the two original key FOB's was dead (battery). Their parts department had closed. The other FOB works fine - but remote start does not. Guessing I'll have to get it programmed. Off to search the forum.

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
...I showed her Sport mode and I may have created a monster. Her first comment "Can you make it sound more like your car.."

Jeez - off to listen to EB exhaust clips...
You can spend about 100 hours doing that little project LOL and as everyone will say, you can't really get a feel for the true sound on a video. After MANY hours of listening to all of those sound clips on this site and reading reviews, I got Magnaflow catbacks. Magnaflow puts out the deepest tone - or among the deepest - and I've been very satisfied. I've even had a mechanic say "that's a four? doesn't sound like it."

Just trying to save you a LOT of research time LOL..... just remind her it will never sound like a V8

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
Got the remote start working. It was disabled in the menu. Just to need to add a battery to the second FOB. She's already looking at AM and LMR for mods----I've created a monster.

We've been looking at houses and last night she pointed out one with a huge shop and a 2 post lift. :headbang:

mustang123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
My 19 GT convertible is also an ex-rental. I bought it as CPO with 25k miles on it. It's currently at 32k, no problems so far. The car was less than a year old and sold for about $20k off MSRP, I thought was a good deal. It had brand new tires, no significant external damages, the windshield was replaced, someone probably put big chip in it, also some small rock chips on the bumper, but that's inevitable. Not too worried about renters abusing the car. If the car survived the first 25k miles, it will probably do fine with many more miles. I frequently inspect the car fluid levels/different parts and take it in a bit more frequently for maintenance, and with the 100k powertrain warranty, I'm not too concerned. I daily drive the car, and I do hard pulls and sharp cornering every single day. Drop the top under California sun, listening to the V8 scream to 7000 rpm through the mountain roads on a crisp Sunday morning is a wonderful feeling. In my opinion, the car is meant to be enjoyed, it's not an investment and I didn't even pay that much for it. Babying the car kind of defeats the purpose, almost like buying a big and juicy burger but only eating the lettuce part...

tldr: If the car looks fine, drives fine, also comes with warranties and it's a good deal, it doesn't matter if it's ex-rental.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I purchased a former rental car 2002 Taurus. Was nervous, but it was a very reliable car for 10 years. Had some problems at that point. I would treat a former rental the same as any used car.
Sponsored