Sponsored

Anyone here planning to drive theirs in the winter and snow? How will you prepare?

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
My prior dd cars all were sedans and ive had a winter tire and wheel packages which worked great. What are some of you guys doing to prepare for winter if this car will be your daily use vehicle.

tire rack does not list wheel and tire winter packages yet and i wonder if 18 wheels will fit on the PP cars.
Sponsored

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
18 Inch wheels will not fit over the performance package brakes, I already purchased winter tires + wheels, check out my thread in the wheels forum. I should have no problem in the snow

OP
OP

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Wll ck now, how many traction control modes does the new mustang have?

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Since I'm getting the LE which comes with the PP and like derieuz stated 18s WILL NOT fit over the PP brembos(unless you get special racing rims] I figured why spend 1800 to 2000 on Rims, winter tires and introduce my car to salt and just bought a $2000 Bronco. Problem solved no need to remove rims and buy new tires just leave the sexiness in the garage on bad days and use the beast.

1badstang

Threads
Reaction score
I might have to drive the car in the snow ,I really want snow tires but I dk if it's worth 1100 incase we don't get a lot of snow lol

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I with the Bronco guy! Always good to have a plan B!:headbang:
Heyyy yup. The baby needs to stay protected. Use the beast where it's meant to be used lol.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I would have bought a winter beater, but I being 19 and living at home; have no where to store a second vehicle as well as affording storage insurance, car payments, and insurance on an older truck; i lucked out :( Fortunately enough I am relatively good at paint detailing and I will be doing a lot to prep myself for the winter months as far as keeping my car protected

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
I would have bought a winter beater, but I being 19 and living at home; have no where to store a second vehicle as well as affording storage insurance, car payments, and insurance on an older truck; i lucked out :( Fortunately enough I am relatively good at paint detailing and I will be doing a lot to prep myself for the winter months as far as keeping my car protected
Man I dont miss being 19 lol. I pay 40 bucks for full coverage and $50 deductible on the Bronco. With the Challenger and Edge I pay under $200 for insurance.

When I was 19 with a V6 Mustang I was paying $350 for insurance....for just the Mustang

billydales_9

BillyH0e
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Mustang V6 Pony Package
I think your in good shape.. that Mustang in your sig goes for around 43 G's LOL When I was 19 I had an Izuzu Pickup I think my Dad paid 500 bucks for.

EDIT
That was when I was 16 Sorry....at 19 I saved up and bought a Chevy Silverado! I think I paid 4900 for it, It was a sweet ride with a big Fuzzy RED Bucket seat! Ladies loved that!

Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
I've got two trucks that'll more than fulfill my snow needs. The Ranger in particular does very well in the snow, not to mention it's fun as hell!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Summer tires + common sense + a SUV when it gets real deep. Have had a rwd BMW as a DD for the last eight years, so I'll be OK.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Summer tires + common sense + a SUV when it gets real deep. Have had a rwd BMW as a DD for the last eight years, so I'll be OK.
+1

DeColores

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB DD V6 w UltraGripICE THULE Chains
Not doing the garage queen this Mustang, true DD. This list is just winter prep for any car:

Using 18" wheels Goodyear ultra grip ice on all four wheels.
Getting chains for heavy duty, and those temporary zip ties plastic chains.
Clay style kitty litter for alittle weight in back and pourable traction.
If we are expecting ice storm then I'll carry 5 gallon bucket of fireplace ash, as covers a lot of ground.
Flashlights, blankets, Clif Bars, tire pump.

I'll close with a warning to new Bronco, and Jeep owners. Please don't get over confident farther into median strip you will be.

DeColores
Sponsored