Sponsored

Anyone here order and install the now-CA legal license plate wrap?

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Forgot about this thread…six months after my above posting, I got nailed for no front plate 😂

first time in almost 40 years of driving with no front plate, ever 😬
I did too just a week ago but it was self inflicted. If I wasn't going in and out of the car pool lane then it wouldn't have happened. He gave me a warning on the car pool and gave me a fix-it ticket for the plate. Waiting for my Craig's Custom Mustang Bracket. Should be here tomorrow.
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
New law in California to prevent pretextual traffic stops.

If you get pulled over after Jan. 1, the officer's very first words must be an explanation for the stop. So if the officer doesn't say right away that she or he pulled you over for a missing front plate, a "car pool violation" (or whatnot) that doesn't pan out cannot be used to do a search of the car for other violations.

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

If you get pulled over after Jan. 1, the officer's very first words must be an explanation for the stop. So if the officer doesn't say right away that she or he pulled you over for a missing front plate, a "car pool violation" (or whatnot) that doesn't pan out cannot be used to do a search of the car for other violations.
The law doesn’t prevent pretext stops, as pretext stops are not illegal. If a cop pulls you over because you have no front plate and you have an open container, you’re still likely and able to get the whole DUI run through.

Also, if you get stopped for no front plate and are a parolee with an illegally possessed firearm, you can still have your car searched, go to jail, and be convicted (assuming everything else is done correctly).

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
No moaning and groaning here. I haven't had a front plate since I was starting to drive in IL which also requires one. Just looks bad. I really get a kick out of the people who actually install it off center to look even worse.

1652899090142.png
I realize this is an old posting I'm commenting on, but I just realized why the plate went to the side...The center camera. I can see why a higher-priced film license plate could be preferred, even if it is a money grab.

furdfan2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

LInk to said law? This would be a fantastic step in preventing the COUNTLESS 4A violations that take place daily in routine traffic stops.

Sponsored

Latinskorpio70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/PP.
i just saw this post 2 years later but yeah I ended getting the vinyl plate got I I’m on the pilot test part of it and still have it on the car to this day. Just have to jaded the original plate in the car and the paperwork off the vinyl plate that’s all.
Sponsored