Sponsored

Anyone here adding a nice 2021 Bronco addition to their Collection?

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
I won't buy anything from Ford until they fire Hackett and bring in someone who understands that they're selling motor vehicles and not sneakers. This whole "branding" thing is doomed to fail and leave Ford with a bunch of tainted brands.

Yeah, bring back the Bronco, brilliant idea. Just like the Ranger. The fact that it took them so long to deliver on those products tells you that all the progress Mulally made has gone out the window. Only time will tell whether the MBAs, Brand managers, and accountants who are running the show gave the engineers enough space and support to deliver on the Bronco image.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I kinda like the 2 door version.
If there's no 3.7 engine available,......hard pass. I'm sure the 5.0 will not be an option unfortunately. lol

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
No, It's a hard pass for me.

But I will be very interested in the Jeep Wrangler 392 @ 450 hp, if it materializes,
https://www.roadandtrack.com/new-ca...8-jeep-wrangler-392-is-headed-for-production/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33296307/jeep-wrangler-v-8-rubicon-392-concept-revealed/

"In order to fit the burly V-8 into the Wrangler, Jeep had to upgrade the engine mounts and modify the frame. The eight-cylinder engine is FCA's 392 Hemi, which is a 6.4-liter (392 cubic inch) V-8 that produces 450 horsepower and 450 lb-ft of torque. Jeep claims that the Rubicon 392 concept can get from zero to 60 mph in less than five seconds, and it has a dual-mode exhaust system for some obnoxious V-8 rumbles."

(Rumor has it, it will have real shaker hood too!)

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The engine options are a let down because that Bronco is sooooo good looking! Probably the best new SUV/Truck I've seen lately. Like the fact you can get lockers and 35s stock.

limited02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
I think it's perfect! As nice as it would have been to have the 5.0, the 2.7TT in the Bronco is going to move it just fine and with a simple tune, it's going to roast those 35's.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I like what I'm seeing (LOVE the 2-door), but as expected the powertrain options leave me a little cold, particularly the base engine. I've mentioned before in previous threads that Ford could have a smash on their hands if they undercut Jeep pricing by a fair margin, but based on what I'm reading they're following Jeeps greed playbook to the letter and these things are going to hit $60K easily. Dumb. Which makes it a me-too product to a degree, since it's a Wrangler with IFS and a few unique features.

I loved the four Wranglers I've owned (despite serious issues with my two JKs) and really like the looks of this new Bronco, but my aforementioned F-150 fits my needs better. And has 5.0 power.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Of course everyone on here loves the coyote, myself included. But it honestly doesnt make sense to put one in a bronco. A high revving V8 isnt exactly ideal for crawling and trailing. I think the two ecos are fine for launch. Better than Jeeps current offerings. Im sure at some point we will get something more powerful. But it will still only have 6 cylinders. And the Raptor 3.5 wont fit, suposedly. So that leaves the 3.0 as the possibility.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The Bronco engines are definitely better than the Jeep 3.6 in terms of torque, and torque is critical in this type of rig. The Jeep 3.6 is a decent enough engine (both my JKs had it) but it's not a great low-end torque producer.

My pick, if I were to go Bronco, would be an Outer Banks 2-door with the Sasquatch package and the 2.7, but I'll bet that little monster will be nipping at $50K. Yikes.

I think these are going to sell well and put a ding in Jeep's monopoly (especially at first), which is about time. The aftermarket is going to love them.

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
My perspective on it is that you better have some very significant product differentiation if you're going to try to take on an established and very successful competitor with a cult-like following. Other than "more" or just besting it on a lot of things, what does it offer that you straight-up cannot get on a Wrangler?
Probably better reliability. :crackup:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Probably better reliability. :crackup:
This, 1000%.

My JKs were atrocious. I didn't have the first one (a 2012) a full year before realizing I wanted nothing to do with it after warranty, I swear it was possessed. I decided to give them one more shot with the next one ('13) which was better, but after far too many trips to the dealer within 60K miles for things that shouldn't happen until 160K or after I decided to bail.

My perspective on it is that you better have some very significant product differentiation if you're going to try to take on an established and very successful competitor with a cult-like following. Other than "more" or just besting it on a lot of things, what does it offer that you straight-up cannot get on a Wrangler?
Very true. As I said, it's a me-too product. I will say that the Bronco looks to have far better detail and finish than the latest Wrangler, but really I think a lot of it will come down to whether you're a Jeep person or a Ford person. I guess we'll see. Ford had the chance to undercut Jeep with pricing and failed (base Wrangler is cheaper).

samd1351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 1999 Ranger
Can't wait to get one. We'll trade off the Cherokee off. Probably looking at the Black Diamond / Sasquatch package. I just wish I could get the manual with the 2.7. The 2.7 will be plenty of power. The new Jeep with the 392 is going to way too much unless you're racing across the desert. I haven't looked at all of the colors, but I think I'll want one that doesn't have the super shine to it, to help hide the scratches and dings from the trail.

The real question is can i pull of the double trade of the Jeep and Mustang for the Bronco and Mach 1!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Not much of an off road person but I have to admit I love this thing. They nailed the design. Kudos Ford on executing this thing properly. I have had the 2.7 before and yes it sounds terrible bit it performs beautifully. Honestly tempted to buy one just cause it's a really cool ride.