Sponsored

Anyone heard the Corvette C8 Stingray Exhaust in person?

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
I was thinking of getting a Corvette C8 Stingray next year but from the reviews that I saw on YouTube, the exhaust seems very disappointing, lacks the depth and growl of the Mach 1 that I have. I am talking about the stock exhaust I know you can fix this with an aftermarket exhaust but here in Dubai if you do that, you will get in trouble with the cops since it's not a stock exhaust and the warranty will be void so.

Thoughts? Is it better in person or is it really that bad as the reviews show?
Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I think it sounds ok. The exhaust sound would not prevent me from buying one if that is what I was planning to do.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, are you using a good headset to listen to the youtube videos? Usually the headsets do a better job of replicating different sounds, especially the bass sounds.

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
OP, are you using a good headset to listen to the youtube videos? Usually the headsets do a better job of replicating different sounds, especially the bass sounds.
no, just through my laptop speakers but even then, the Mach 1 on the same speakers sound so much deeper. On the other hand, I love everything about the car, the 3.5 second 0-100 km/h acceleration, the looks, the fact that the convertible is one of the only convertibles these days with a hard top rather than a soft top.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My brother in law has one. It sounds pretty good but it’s very different than previous gen Vette’s. I don’t know how to describe it other than it sounds like a V8 with a bit of an exotic twist. Back to back exhaust comparisons between my GT and his C8, mine sounds a bit deeper (stock AE exhaust). I would say the C8 has more of a race car type sound to it. I prefer the C6 or C7 for a variety of reasons, and exhaust note is definitely one of them. There are some YouTube videos that capture the sound well but it’s one you have to hear in person in my opinion

CypressX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor
I owned a 2020 C8 - exhaust was one of the more disappointing aspects of an otherwise great car, then again, I was coming from a Hellcat. With that said I think exhaust sound can be very subjective.
Sponsored