Sponsored

Anyone have vids of an 18 GT with only a Magnaflow Resonated X Pipe?

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Just curious if anyone has videos of the Magnaflow resonated Tru X as a replacement for the OEM resonator on a 2018 GT, stock non-active exhaust otherwise. I had an x-pipe with resonators on my 13 GT and it sounded great but wanted to hear this first before I consider it. Sound mod only, no performance gains expected..

Link: https://www.cjponyparts.com/magnafl...MI1JuIpLyA3QIVj8DACh3TwgzJEAQYASABEgKzw_D_BwE
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I can tell you that it won't be hardly any louder. The tone will be slightly different at high rpm: smoother and more racy. It's not a huge weight savings like an X or H would be so I'd think heavily about doing it for a minor change. With louder mufflers it'll make a bigger difference.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not looking for louder, stock level of noise is fine, just prefer a bit more exotic/refined sound from an X-pipe. Seems like the Magnaflow X would accomplish that by still having the resonator internals but with the x. So... no vids? :) I may get flamed for this but I really dont like the aftermarket cat-backs and axle-backs much, too "metal can-ny" sounding for my tastes.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not looking for louder, stock level of noise is fine, just prefer a bit more exotic/refined sound from an X-pipe. Seems like the Magnaflow X would accomplish that by still having the resonator internals but with the x. So... no vids? :) I may get flamed for this but I really dont like the aftermarket cat-backs and axle-backs much, too "metal can-ny" sounding for my tastes.
I don't know of anyone that's done it on an '18, but I've had the Magnaflow resonated X on back-to-back with the suitcase with Corsa mufflers and can speak to the difference.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thx for the replies. How would you describe the stock suitcase swap to Magnaflow resonated x with Corsas, more rasp/metal sound or just a tonal change to be more "exotic". The latter is what I got with an x-pipe on my 13 GT but no rasp or anything since i left the resonators in place.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Thx for the replies. How would you describe the stock suitcase swap to Magnaflow resonated x with Corsas, more rasp/metal sound or just a tonal change to be more "exotic". The latter is what I got with an x-pipe on my 13 GT but no rasp or anything since i left the resonators in place.
The resonated X took pretty much all the rasp out compared with a regular X-pipe. Unfortunately it also kinda neutered the tone of the exhaust (which is unique in tonal clarity/pitch). Compared with the suitcase, it is a more exotic tone (and sounds like its breathing better, because it is) due to the internal X.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The resonated X took pretty much all the rasp out compared with a regular X-pipe. Unfortunately it also kinda neutered the tone of the exhaust (which is unique in tonal clarity/pitch). Compared with the suitcase, it is a more exotic tone (and sounds like its breathing better, because it is) due to the internal X.
Can you define what you mean by "neutered the tone"? And is this with OEM mufflers or Corsas or? I dont want a tone-less deep exhaust, just something a bit different. More flow is ok too

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Can you define what you mean by "neutered the tone"? And is this with OEM mufflers or Corsas or? I dont want a tone-less deep exhaust, just something a bit different. More flow is ok too
It was with the Corsas. What I mean is that it lacked some "guts" or aggressiveness in tone until you were up above maybe 2/3 throttle. At WOT it was good. With a conventional X-pipe its a much more throaty tone without being deep into the pedal.

OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect, thats fine. Thx man

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
I have a stock exhaust 2018 GT, but with active exhaust. I installed the magna flow tru-x and LOVE it. It mellowed it out and made for a deeper exhaust tone. If you like the old school, non raspy sound then it's definitely for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a stock exhaust 2018 GT, but with active exhaust. I installed the magna flow tru-x and LOVE it. It mellowed it out and made for a deeper exhaust tone. If you like the old school, non raspy sound then it's definitely for you.
Any chance of you being able to take a video with it in the different modes? Would absolutely love to hear it sir!

Turbolag87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My18 gt
If u guys r curious. I have cat delete with the suitcase and it sounds pretty nice

I’m eventually gonna put the magnaflow in for extra couple of HP lol

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
I originally used a res delete h pipe on mine with stock everything else and it sounded terrible. A bit too loud and raspy for me. I then put on the magnaflow resonated x and loved the tone. It took most of the rasp out and sounded deeper. The only problem was it was too close to stock for the sound level. I then went Roush axle back and everything was near perfect. Looking for some more power and not to ruin the stock cats on e85 race tune I then did cat deletes. Now it sounds pretty good but it is a little louder then I would prefer on cold start up leaving at 5:45am. Sorry I don't have any vids of the different sounds, just recall and opinion. LOL
Sponsored