Sponsored

Anyone have this procharger kit with p-x1 upgrade..

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Ok you might be right. I'm going to do another dyno session. Procharger says my fuel is reason that I'm getting bad results so I'm going to run the tank down to 1/4 and the night before I take it to the dyno I'll add 5 gallons of VP 109 octane to see what happens.
That way we will see because I know now with a boost guage attached I'm over 8lbs of boost.

Maybe I'm wrong and if so i'll be the 1st to admit it.

Also took bumper off to make sure nothing was knocking like metal inlet tubes of the air system clanking against the motor and body so that's not a issue at all.
Car made 405 rwhp stock before the 1st tune and after with just cold jlt air kit made 439 rwhp.
With blower 595 rwhp and yes I have those numbers because there a point of reference to know whats going on.
And I have both dyno sheets as well.
good deal. are you datalogging? might be some real knock from shit gas, or some false knock even though you checked everything over. a can of octanium easier and cheaper thn 5 gals 109
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chopps

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Yes data logging and octane booster might be cheaper but I want to be able to rule out engine knock beyond a doubt. Pay once cry once instead of pay twice cry twice sucks !!
Plus I think if it is "knock" the 109 vp should put me in the 630 to 660 rwhp range if the tune is right and prochargers claims are correct.
I know just the 109 vp should be good for at least 10/15 hp on a regular car but if all I am seeing is 595 rwhp it should jump at least 40 to 50 rwhp gains.
This test should verify alot of the unknowns.

Last edited:

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
What's the max rpm you're seeing in your logs?

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Custom tune is your answer, I know it's more cash, but that's what brings that kit to life. When I first got my P1x it was making 4 psi bc it wasn't revving out enough on the procharger tune. Excited to see what you end up with.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chopps

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Not really because I want to keep my charter warranty in tac. I'll be happy if I can get within a few of what they advertise and tech has claimed here in these forums.
I plan to get to the bottom of this whether it's gas or they said it could be false knock. I'll know more next week after the next dyno and by the way I am seeing at least 8lbs of boost so that's one thing out of the way.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get anything free just what they claim and that's it !

Custom tune is your answer, I know it's more cash, but that's what brings that kit to life. When I first got my P1x it was making 4 psi bc it wasn't revving out enough on the procharger tune. Excited to see what you end up with.

Last edited:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
Dyno is just a number. Too many variables, different dynos, different conditions, etc.

Its a tool for tuning, thats about it.

OP
OP
Chopps

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Provides baslines and helps data logging. Also shows amounts of gains and losses.
Plus it confirms what mfg's state in there ads for sale.
I know there is a variance and that's to be expected but when you state 626 to 676 rwhp depending on winter/summer fuel you dang should get the minimum to say the least or in between those number especially when you live in the south and fuel stays same year round.

Dyno is just a number. Too many variables, different dynos, different conditions, etc.

Its a tool for tuning, thats about it.

Last edited:

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Not really because I want to keep my charter warranty in tac. I'll be happy if I can get within a few of what they advertise and tech has claimed here in these forums.
I plan to get to the bottom of this whether it's gas or they said it could be false knock. I'll know more next week after the next dyno and by the way I am seeing at least 8lbs of boost so that's one thing out of the way.
Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to get anything free just what they claim and that's it !

What did the knock look like? Hoist up the csv file and so we can see what it looks like

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I'll post the log from nguage when I get back home . Thanks good idea.
You were seeing about 15 degrees of timing which tapered to 13 at 7500rpm.

Seems pretty low for 8psi of boost. This is usually because of fuel quality. Try adding a can of Torco or Octanium (the only octane boosters that really work) and take another log and post it. Gen 3's have high compression so will be very picky about fuel on boost. Even on my gen 2 from tank to tank I saw a difference of 3 degrees of timing. Each degree is worth around 20whp so it is significant.

Also, keep in mind ProchargerTech never said he guaranteed you would get exactly 626hp so trying to hold him accountable to that is absolutely pointless. he simply said what he got on his car. Every setup is different. Not only do dynos differ drastically, but boost will vary car to car based on altitude, exhaust setup, tune, and of course pulley. You are not guaranteed any specific dyno number on any kit you buy.

OP
OP
Chopps

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You were seeing about 15 degrees of timing which tapered to 13 at 7500rpm.

Seems pretty low for 8psi of boost. This is usually because of fuel quality. Try adding a can of Torco or Octanium (the only octane boosters that really work) and take another log and post it. Gen 3's have high compression so will be very picky about fuel on boost. Even on my gen 2 from tank to tank I saw a difference of 3 degrees of timing. Each degree is worth around 20whp so it is significant.

Also, keep in mind ProchargerTech never said he guaranteed you would get exactly 626hp so trying to hold him accountable to that is absolutely pointless. he simply said what he got on his car. Every setup is different. Not only do dynos differ drastically, but boost will vary car to car based on altitude, exhaust setup, tune, and of course pulley. You are not guaranteed any specific dyno number on any kit you buy.

Phillip at procharger agreed with me and stated " you should see at least 30 more rwhp that 595 is kinda low" .
As far as the tech guy who posted what he said he got, don't you think that if you state 626 low and 676 high that you should be in between especially when his title says "ProchargerTech" says that ?
At Least I'm not asking for the high of 676 rwhp I was trying to be reasonable taking the low.

Moving on now,
Going to try 5 gallons of VP 109 mixed with 5 gallons of 93 octane and see what happens and Phillip agreed. I am trying to work with them to figure this out and Phillip @ Procharger is in the loop to what I am doing verbatim.
Now if I'm lucky I might see alot more but if it just is over or 626 with good 93 fuel I can live with that.

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Phillip at procharger agreed with me and stated " you should see at least 30 more rwhp that 595 is kinda low" .
As far as the tech guy who posted what he said he got, don't you think that if you state 626 low and 676 high that you should be int between especially when his title says "ProchargerTech" tech dept says that ? I m not asking for the high of 676 rwhp I was trying to be reasonable taking the low.

I mean am I not to put stock / trust him to know what he is talking about and then backed up by another at procharger ?

Moving on now,
Going to try 5 gallons of VP 109 mixed with 5 gallons of 93 octane and see what happens and Phillip agreed. I am trying to work with them to figure this out and Phillip @ Procharger is in the loop to what I am doing verbatim.
Now if I'm lucky I might see alot more but if it just is over or 626 with good 93 fuel I can live with that.
With that fuel I think you will get the results you are looking for.

OP
OP
Chopps

Chopps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
With that fuel I think you will get the results you are looking for.
Hopefully its a bad tank of gas because I will not normally mix fuel like that I run 93 only . I'm just trying to rule out bad gas and false knock. Like I said I'm just trying for at least 620 ish on 93 as a norm.
Sponsored