Sponsored

Anyone have the standard seats in their 2021 Mach 1 and thoughts?

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
wow, they hit their 2022 orders already????
I wonder if ford is trying to avoid the pissed off customers from the end of this year by being a little more cautious in how many cars they think will be built
Sponsored

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
wow, they hit their 2022 orders already????
I emailed them on the 30th and they got back with:

"I believe we have already orderered the full amount of those we are able to order. I will gladly look into this and let you know for sure asap"

and haven't heard back, I thought I read that people with 2021 orders were being pushed to 2022 so maybe that was part of it? or they only allow each dealer to order so many? no idea.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
It s strange the way they open and close orders on models. I called in July to order a GT and they told me ordering Gt s was closed at that time. I then ordered a M1 which arrived this month.

AUsomTiger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I got a whole new Mach 1 to get rid of the Recaros. Short and wide body here.

Sponsored

bigmixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP2
I am a similar build so sounds like standard seats are the way to go thanks!
I'm sure you've made your decision but I'll add another vote to go with the standard seats. I'm a big guy and remember getting stuck in the recaros in a GT350 a few years ago and said never again LOL. When I bought my PP2 it was standard seats in premium trim only.

sakman84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Premium. 6MT, Blue, upgraded wheels
Standards without question. I sat in both before purchase. I'm 6ft, 195lbs, long torso and 36in pants, Recaros were narrow, they are a must try before you buy item.

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Standards without question. I sat in both before purchase. I'm 6ft, 195lbs, long torso and 36in pants, Recaros were narrow, they are a must try before you buy item.
yeah I am like 5'8-9' and 260 so if the recaros are narrow for you then for me it would be like trying to squeeze into a sausage casing

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
I have the regular leather with heat/cool. Love these seats...very comfortable with some decent bolstering too. The heat/cool function made it a must have after having the same seats in my 2016 GT.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
I bought my Mach 1 with the leather seats from Granger for 2% below invoice. Drove it back to SOCAL in 4 days (1800 miles) and had zero comfort issues. Spend your money how you wish, but the drive was priceless as far as I'm concerned.

Sponsored

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
If you plan on daily driving it and not tracking much if at all then standard seats are a no brainer. They are extremely comfortable, heated and cooled, 6 way power and 3 memory settings to boot. I have them and I am very very happy with them. Just my 2 cents.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally found a dealer who will take an order for a 2022 locally with no ADM and put together my build, had spec'd the standard seats as I got a chance to drive a GT500s with the Recaro's and they were super tight and I am a bigger guy, wondering if anyone had gotten the standard seats and if they are any good or if the Mach 1 recaro's are any more forgiving than the GT500s?

Thanks
I looked at Chapman as they have a yellow Mach1 not premium advertised for 66K on their web. I then looked at the win for the MSRP and the car has MSRP of 55K. This means that they are charging the standard ADM of 10K+ for not a premium Mach 1. All dealers here in NE that I checked, they tell you that since they are able to get only 2-3 Mach 1 cars they will not let them go for MSRP. Makes me wonder how some ford dealers can keep ordering more then what is allocated to them and sell at MSRP?

Chapman_yellow_mach1.jpg

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I looked at Chapman as they have a yellow Mach1 not premium advertised for 66K on their web. I then looked at the win for the MSRP and the car has MSRP of 55K. This means that they are charging the standard ADM of 10K+ for not a premium Mach 1. All dealers here in NE that I checked, they tell you that since they are able to get only 2-3 Mach 1 cars they will not let them go for MSRP. Makes me wonder how some ford dealers can keep ordering more then what is allocated to them and sell at MSRP?

Chapman_yellow_mach1.jpg
The allocation process for the Mach 1 did not play out like I expected it would. Other than part shortages, my understanding is that there were essentially no limits on orders. Anyone could walk into a dealer and order the car they wanted as opposed to let’s say a gt350r in which the dealer had to have the specific allocation for that car before ordering it.
also, the reason why some dealers have Mach 1 inventory is they submitted customer orders for people that didn’t actually exist as buyers to get by fords restrictions. Not a surprise that they would also be the same places with big markups

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
The standard seats are great, but they do tend to "hug" more and fit deeper in than the GT seats. I could see a possibility of a wide person having issues with them versus the GT seats. See if you can try one. I saw a big guy get out of a Mustang at a car show yesterday and It looked odd like he was too big for the car..LOL.
This is news to me... I thought the seats were exactly the same as those in the GT. Specifically those in the Mach 1 700A look the same to me (minus some aesthetic trim differences) as those that I had in my 2015 GT Premium, but maybe my eye is too untrained.

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

Chapman_yellow_mach1.jpg
Interesting. I wonder if this is what happens with these discounted orders placed online if/when customers back out of them? Could help explain why they're willing to offer those discounts I guess? To get legit customer orders?
Sponsored