Sponsored

Anyone have the standard seats in their 2021 Mach 1 and thoughts?

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
So I finally found a dealer who will take an order for a 2022 locally with no ADM and put together my build, had spec'd the standard seats as I got a chance to drive a GT500s with the Recaro's and they were super tight and I am a bigger guy, wondering if anyone had gotten the standard seats and if they are any good or if the Mach 1 recaro's are any more forgiving than the GT500s?

Thanks
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The standard seats are great, but they do tend to "hug" more and fit deeper in than the GT seats. I could see a possibility of a wide person having issues with them versus the GT seats. See if you can try one. I saw a big guy get out of a Mustang at a car show yesterday and It looked odd like he was too big for the car..LOL.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
So I finally found a dealer who will take an order for a 2022 locally with no ADM and put together my build, had spec'd the standard seats as I got a chance to drive a GT500s with the Recaro's and they were super tight and I am a bigger guy, wondering if anyone had gotten the standard seats and if they are any good or if the Mach 1 recaro's are any more forgiving than the GT500s?

Thanks
I love my standard seats. I love the retro look of them, I love the cool/heat feature. I'm a wide build, very comfy. Enjoy your car.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba

Thanks
If the Mach 1 recaros are anything like a GT recaros and you're a big guy, avoid them. I'm 6', 200 and pretty fit and they didn't offer any wiggle room. Pretty awkward to get in and out of. Of course they're great for doing what they were designed for on the twisties. But they're certainly overly bolstered for a daily driver IMO.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The Mach Recaros look to be the same as the GT's. Had Recaros in my 2018 and found them uncomfortably tight in the ribs, and I'm pretty slim. But that topic has been discussed extensively in other threads. Anyway, one of the deciding factors in ordering the Mach was test driving a Premium and loving how comfortable the seats were. Now having owned it for a couple months I'm 100% satisfied with that decision. Have not sat in a Mach with the cloth base seats.

Sponsored

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
I have the standard seats (in leather) and am absolutely in love with them. Definitely hug a bit, but not squeezing, the lumbar is great (I have a bad lower back) and the retro look is a really nice bonus.
plus heated and ventilated.
im 5’11/ 210 lbs

Ctodd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach1
I think you found your answer!
Mach1 Premium gets you the retro leather seats that cool, heat and adjust with comfort.
I had the Ricaro's in my 13 GT. Looked great but that's about it for me. 6'3 245, was a no-brainer for me.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Thanks
If the seats in your new Mach 1 are too tight and you want regular GT seats I’ll do a swap with ya

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'

Thanks
There are dealers well below msrp let alone no adm’s. Just an fyi 🙂

Sponsored
OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
There are dealers well below msrp let alone no adm’s. Just an fyi 🙂
Thanks I found one but logistically it was a challenge, can't find any locally that will order a Mach 1 for below MSRP, most are asking 5 - 15K ADM

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Thanks I found one but logistically it was a challenge, can't find any locally that will order a Mach 1 for below MSRP, most are asking 5 - 15K ADM
Chapman in Pa about 6 hour tops from you. For $5K or so you won t drive?

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
Chapman in Pa about 6 hour tops from you.
I contacted them and was told they hit their limit for Mach 1 orders

I just reached out to the other dealer to see if their price plus shipping would be better than MSRP locally

And thanks all for the info on the seats, its not only for me but also for my wife, figure she wouldn't be down with sitting in the Recaros

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
wow, they hit their 2022 orders already????
Sponsored