Sponsored

Anyone have the pinout wiring diagram for 2018-up fog/running light assembly?

eddison

Just disconnected the two wires from the BCM and the front parking lights are out!
It was a bit of a pain to get the terminals out with the tiny slot holes, but all together it took me about 20 minutes to complete this mod.
Thanks for helping me out!
If you might be doing more as far as wiring goes in the future, you can purchase a tool set designed to get those small pins out for ~$10 on Amazon.
Sponsored

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
If you might be doing more as far as wiring goes in the future, you can purchase a tool set designed to get those small pins out for ~$10 on Amazon.
thanks, will definitely look into those!

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for! Deleting the amber marker lights are the only thing keeping from making my front end perfect.

I'm a total wiring novice so thank you for the diagram. Just to confirm the 30 & 37 pins are this harness. You simply push the pins through to disconnect them?
Screenshot_20201004-140550_Samsung Internet.jpg

Lennard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lennard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
This thread is exactly what I have been looking for! Deleting the amber marker lights are the only thing keeping from making my front end perfect.

I'm a total wiring novice so thank you for the diagram. Just to confirm the 30 & 37 pins are this harness. You simply push the pins through to disconnect them?
Screenshot_20201004-140550_Samsung Internet.jpg
yes, that’s the one. When you take the connector off, you will see it’s actually 2 connectors in one. Here’s a picture of the connector with the 2 wires disconnected.
Once you have disconnected the connectors, you push the terminals back with a small picking tool.
D3089121-45B5-454E-9AC8-0157A7554773.jpeg

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
yes, that’s the one. When you take the connector off, you will see it’s actually 2 connectors in one. Here’s a picture of the connector with the 2 wires disconnected.
Once you have disconnected the connectors, you push the terminals back with a small picking tool.
Oh even better. Thank you for the picture! I just picked up a pack of pin removal tools to make the job easier.

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sotiris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
Hello to all good people, my name is sotiris I'm from greece and I live in Germany, I have bought one 2017 V6 the auto is from America not Europe, and I have one question for you once I've seen you are talking about parking lights, so at my mustang they are not working, only als blinker and I want to make them work normally, so you understand they have them complete off, also from the switch the parking lights are not working, I know that EU don't want them working but I want, because when you buy American auto you don't want to loose the brand and these lights are for me the difference from Europe, so to the point, I've checked the cables Al's you have mentioned and they are all normal in place, is there anything else they have done?????

Falk03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Falk
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Convertible
Hello to all good people, my name is sotiris I'm from greece and I live in Germany, I have bought one 2017 V6 the auto is from America not Europe, and I have one question for you once I've seen you are talking about parking lights, so at my mustang they are not working, only als blinker and I want to make them work normally, so you understand they have them complete off, also from the switch the parking lights are not working, I know that EU don't want them working but I want, because when you buy American auto you don't want to loose the brand and these lights are for me the difference from Europe, so to the point, I've checked the cables Al's you have mentioned and they are all normal in place, is there anything else they have done?????
Hello Sotiris
this is normally changed during the conversion from US to EU.

There are two changes:
* the light bulb are changed to have the single function (blinker) only.
* the wire for the second function was cut in most cases close to the plug to the light.

You should be able to restore the original functionality. I did that but I also have different blinkers in the front.
Nevertheless restoring the US functionality is not legal in Germany.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sotiris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
Hello Sotiris
this is normally changed during the conversion from US to EU.

There are two changes:
* the light bulb are changed to have the single function (blinker) only.
* the wire for the second function was cut in most cases close to the plug to the light.

You should be able to restore the original functionality. I did that but I also have different blinkers in the front.
Nevertheless restoring the US functionality is not legal in Germany.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sotiris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2017
Hello Falk03, thanks for answering, I have seen the cables at the blinkers and they are all good, I'll post a pic from the auto

Sponsored

Cwiedner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Does anyone have a diagram for the headlight harness, like the one posted for the parking lamps?

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to do this on my 19 convertible, but the plug looks completely different. What year was yours done on? This is a cool mod and will get some pics of my plug, but it looks like it has a housing on the end of the plug so you can't just push the pin through?

Keithfro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to do this on my 19 convertible, but the plug looks completely different. What year was yours done on? This is a cool mod and will get some pics of my plug, but it looks like it has a housing on the end of the plug so you can't just push the pin through?
I reread the post and saw there is a connector that needs to be removed prior to pushing out the pins. Everything works great. Thanks for everyone posting.
1E225FD8-C8AC-4FAC-BD2B-B5774C7AA3B2.jpeg

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Does this mod also prevent the drl style behavior in the parking lamps at night, I mean all solid amber features are gone at night except for turn signal use? Not just the amber corner, but all of the amber when headlights are used. Or this just turns the amber side corner part off, but not the entire amber during night.

I might attempt trying it for the diode dynamics elite kit,. I had one side go bad on the white lights section except the turn signals work fine, but I actually never liked the white lights that kinda of replace the solid amber features on stock, It seems brighter than my headlights,. I just want to retain only my turn signals function and allow the parking lights to stay completely off except for turn signal use.

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Does this mod also prevent the drl style behavior in the parking lamps at night, I mean all solid amber features are gone at night except for turn signal use? Not just the amber corner, but all of the amber when headlights are used. Or this just turns the amber side corner part off, but not the entire amber during night.

I might attempt trying it for the diode dynamics elite kit,. I had one side go bad on the white lights section except the turn signals work fine, but I actually never liked the white lights that kinda of replace the solid amber features on stock, It seems brighter than my headlights,. I just want to retain only my turn signals function and allow the parking lights to stay completely off except for turn signal use.
The pin removal does nothing to the headlight. The amber corner of the headlight in 18+ is just a reflector if recall, I’ve had blackout vinyl covering the amber in the headlight for some time now.

The pin removal completely eliminates the amber running light day and night and only retains its turn signal function. The white lights In the parking lights are fog lights.

10126871-94C7-4E24-8419-F18D5D5ABB8B.jpeg
Sponsored