Sponsored

Anyone have first-hand experience with Steeda "Comfort" suspension?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Natch I'll ask Steeda what they recommend for my needs, but I'm thinking that these may be the ticket to upgrade from a base GT suspension.

I'd like to hear what real people think of it.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
^^^ might want to mention what's important to you about the way a car drives/handles/rides/etc., and what might not be.

Norm
Sure, but I don't want to color anyone's opinion.

TheMegalodon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 Mustang GT PP
There’s threads about this setup already so search for them.

Summary: the progressive springs pair very nicely with the “active” dampers and provide a great balance between daily ride comfort and solid handling for spirited driving. Would probably do decent at the track but definitely not what it’s suited for. Probably the best street setup for a more “euro” ride if that’s what you’re looking for given the screen name.

OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
There’s threads about this setup already so search for them.
I did try. Couldn't find anything. If anyone has links, I'd appreciate you sharing them with me.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
any day now I'm supposed to get my EB back with freshly installed 200/800 springs and the -Actives. Then I can do a back to back comparo between DR+Adj Actions, 200/800+Actives and (unfair I know) GM Magneride. The stock GT or EB/PP setup really isn't bad for usual and customary driving. Is it a bit soft, yeah but you have to be driving way beyond sensible on public roads to get worked up over it's shortcomings, IMO.

Personally I am not a fan of progressive springs - straight rate keeps things simple and predictable.
Shock choice boils down to 4:

Steeda Pro-Action (adj, twin) or FRPP Track (adj mono)
vs
Bilstein B6 (mono) or Steeda Pro-Active (twin)

All 4 work more than well enough for most people and it comes down to a small different in price and whether or not you want to be able to adjust or not.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BimmerDriver

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)

rucus0101

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Cross post from another:

I just installed the Steeda Comfort active suspension package. It includes their progressive lowering springs and their special active struts / shocks. I added the camber plates, the bump stops, and spacers to the kit. I live in Houston and was worried about clearance so I added the spacers for front and rear to retain some ride height.

The car is a 2020 GT PP1 (no Magna). I really tried to get a Magna but it's difficult to find an A10 Magna (dealers really should order). Before the package the car rode horrible. The dampers did not seem to do a good job of controlling the springs. When you would hit expansions joints etc the car would porpoise and feel like you were losing control of it. Not only was it a crappy ride it felt like you were not controlling the car.

After installation the car was lowered 5/8" in the front and 1/2" in the back. It's a small but noticeable drop. Both the ride quality and handling are significantly improved. It rides / drives a lot like my old 3 series did. Small bumps and pavement imperfections are not felt anymore (You can hear them but cant feel them). Large hits are not quite as jarring as they were. The purpoising is drastically improved. You get a once bounce then return to level vs a see-saw effect. The handling seems to be much improved as well. I went out and pushed the car pretty hard this weekend and was not disappointed. The transition in and out of hard turns is very smooth and controlled. I had no problem pushing it at high speed through turns and maintaining a very good line with confidence.

I couldn't be happier with the package and anyone looking for some improvement should consider it. Steeda's customer support is among the best I have dealt with and that makes all the difference in a product. I have the old springs / struts still so I will need to find something to do with them...

Matt

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Ah. I was searching all forums, that worked much better, thanks!
Lol, that was the one I was trying to post last night but guess the wrong link was posted.

Let us know if you have any further questions - we are happy to help!

TJ

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
After installation the car was lowered 5/8" in the front and 1/2" in the back. It's a small but noticeable drop. Both the ride quality and handling are significantly improved. It rides / drives a lot like my old 3 series did.
IOW, if "some's good", stop there and don't be telling yourself that more's gotta be better. Even from a strictly appearance standpoint, you noticing the drop is all that really matters :like: .

Norm
Sponsored