Sponsored

anyone have black lug nuts that don't end up looking like this?

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Although there are conflicting statements on that link, it does say:

Like all McGard lug nuts, the chrome/black plating is guaranteed for life not to rust, chip or peel.
If you bought them from Amazon, I don't think you will have any problem returning/replacing them because of that statement. If you bought them on Amazon from a seller, you should still be able to return them or get replacements though you may have to file a complaint with Amazon. If you bought them somewhere else, check their description.

GGordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, ProCharged
I forget which brand I have on mine... but the metal itself is a composite that is black. They aren't painted. I got them from CJ Pony Parts. Don't have the invoice on hand otherwise I'd tell you... but they are not coated... but made of solid black poured metal composite.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Look at my FS thread, I've used this brand for years. They don't rust at all or flake unlike many other brands

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm very happy with the black Gorilla lugs. I bought the set where all are locking lugs, and they look great. I haven't pulled them more than a few times, but they seem like they'll hold up.

JR

OP
OP
RockStang

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
I tried some Gorilla lug nuts when I first got my Velgen wheels and the socket for them was not thin enough to fit the lug holes without scraping. They weren't the acorn style though so maybe those will work better. I might give them a shot since they are cheap.

I'm sure McGard would send me new ones but I'd rather not deal with them rusting again.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm sure McGard would send me new ones but I'd rather not deal with them rusting again.
You won't have to deal with them rusting again if you sell the new replacements to someone else.

VinnAY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I can't remember whose black lugs I've got on my PP...they came from CJ before they had the OE style black lugs come available. But any way those lugs of mine have been on/off probably 10x with an air impact and they look real good. So far.

Arsenalslr95

V6 Tactical Operator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Cyclone
The black ones I have from American Muscle have been great. Been on the car since July 2015, kept outdoors, and they are still all black........just a tad faded compared to when new but nothing anyone would notice expect me
Sponsored