Sponsored

Anyone have an aftermarket GT500 bumper on a 2018+ GT Premium?

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Hi All,

Taking delivery of my 2021 on Monday. The only thing I don't like about the GT is the front bumper. A little less aggressive than I would like.

Does anyone have a GT500 aftermarket bumper (IKON? 777 Perf? AM? MP?) on their S550 (2018+) and if so have you done anything to shore up the fender liners so that the increased airflow doesn't push them against the tires and melt/burn them out?

Also, looking for a recommendation for a shop in the GTA West area that did the colour matching and install for you?

Regards,
MCS
Sponsored

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hi All,

Taking delivery of my 2021 on Monday. The only thing I don't like about the GT is the front bumper. A little less aggressive than I would like.

Does anyone have a GT500 aftermarket bumper (IKON? 777 Perf? AM? MP?) on their S550 (2018+) and if so have you done anything to shore up the fender liners so that the increased airflow doesn't push them against the tires and melt/burn them out?

Also, looking for a recommendation for a shop in the GTA West area that did the colour matching and install for you?

Regards,
MCS
From my understanding you need to change the front fenders to accommodate after market GT 500 styled front bumper. Thought about tackling this job but spending another grand on fenders and trying to figure fender liners and belly pan stuff seemed like to much work. I’ve seen one dude with an EB with the GT 500 bumper at a local show and it looked kinda to long for the front of car.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
From my understanding you need to change the front fenders to accommodate after-market GT 500 styled front bumper.
Nawww, there are bumpers that have come out since that fit with the stock fenders.

IKON
MP Concepts
777 Performance
Vicrez

All of these have a GT500 front bumper that fits the stock fenders. I think you will have to do something with the wheel linings because of the additional wind flowing through the front where the foglights would normally go.

I've talked to my body shop guys who believe they can lock that down.

This will probably be a project for springtime for me. Still getting used to the car.

Last edited:

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Nawww, there are bumpers that have come out since that fit with the stock fenders.

IKON
MP Concepts
777 Performance
Vicrez

All of these have a GT500 front bumper that fits the stock fenders. I think you will have to do something with the wheel linings because of the additional wind flowing through the front in the area where the foglights would normally go. I've talked to my body shop guys who believe they can log that down.

This will probably be a project for springtime for me. Still getting used to the car.
If you go for it make to your post some pics of how you handle the project, I’m sure it will look killer. I’m going to look into the GT 500 bumper again and try to convince the old lady

• Haha
Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If you go for it make to your post some pics of how you handle the project, I’m sure it will look killer. I’m going to look into the GT 500 bumper again and try to convince the old lady
Will do!

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I forgot to mention there is another really nice one by a company called Auto Addict USA - Their YOUTUBE video is pretty badass!

They are in California and so not sure I would order from them, as I'm in Canada, but I'm still debating as their bumper looks very clean. They state that it is their own and not another manufacturer.

Phoneman1223

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I forgot to mention there is another really nice one by a company called Auto Addict USA - Their YOUTUBE video is pretty badass!

They are in California and so not sure I would order from them, as I'm in Canada, but I'm still debating as their bumper looks very clean. They state that it is their own and not another manufacturer.

That is pretty bad ass, you might have found the golden arc.

94five-oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang Gt 401A
i'm the same boat as you are, but i have a hard time finding a canadian vender that can sell or ship the bumper accross canada.

i might even do the MACH 1 conversion i cant find anything
Sponsored