Sponsored

Anyone have a template or measurements to mount a new PP1 wing to a 2015 Mustang GT?

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
I hope to buy a Ford PP1 wing this Saturday for my 2015 GT PP. I have some thoughts on how to locate the holes to drill, but I’m wondering if anyone else has already done it and what you had to do. Hoping to find the easiest way, a template or measurements would be great!

Thank you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
PPstang

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
Note* this would be the 2018-2019 PP1wing....

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
I'll tell you the way i did mine, putting a gt spoiler onto my PP GT. I got a flat, long straight piece of cardboard with no creases and laid the spoiler down on it, pushed it to give me stud impressions. i drilled those out nice and round with a high speed drill, then snugged up the card board to the bottom of the spoiler and marked around it. I then set the cardboard on to some plywood and used a sharp Sheetrock knife to cut it out perfectly. I snugged it back to the spoiler and trimmed till a perfect match. Now i had a template for the PP stock trunk. i put the template on the trunk and centered it perfectly,taped it down, the used a center punch, the kind you tap with a hammer, to center mark the drill holes. i then drilled them, one at a time, up to the stud diameter, starting with a extremely small bit, and stepping many steps.
Also, go look at a stock car with the spoiler, so you can see how it locates on the trunk. If you saw mine you would swear it was factory.

OP
OP
PPstang

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
I'll tell you the way i did mine, putting a gt spoiler onto my PP GT. I got a flat, long straight piece of cardboard with no creases and laid the spoiler down on it, pushed it to give me stud impressions. i drilled those out nice and round with a high speed drill, then snugged up the card board to the bottom of the spoiler and marked around it. I then set the cardboard on to some plywood and used a sharp Sheetrock knife to cut it out perfectly. Now i had a template for the PP stock trunk. i put the template on the trunk and centered it perfectly,taped it down, the used a center punch, the kind you tap with a hammer, to center mark the drill holes. i then drilled them, one at a time, up to the stud diameter, starting with a extremely small bit, and stepping many steps.
Also, go look at a stock car with the spoiler, so you can see how it locates on the trunk. If you saw mine you would swear it was factory.
Thank you!

TGGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, where can one get the pp1 spoiler, and how much do they cost?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
At the risk of sounding like an idiot, where can one get the pp1 spoiler, and how much do they cost?

The 2018-2019 PP spoiler (EB and GT are same) can be purchased:

1) Directly from Ford (in primer); expect to pay upwards of $800-$1k.

2) Classifieds Exterior For Sale section on here; usually in the $400+ range (excluding shipping)

3) The WTB section on here; folks usually want to see if there’s locals near them that would want to swap like-color complete trunk lids w/spoiler for non-spoiler, etc.

4) LKQ or Copart (salvage faculties); prices can be anywhere from $500+ excluding shipping.

5) eBay; there’s a boatload of them on there now in the $400-$430 range:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+PACK+REAR+SPOILER&_odkw=mustang+new+take+off

OP
OP
PPstang

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
Picked up the wing this morning. A little puzzled about the red push pins, guessing I need to drill holes for those too?
6BC36582-951B-4993-BA86-067E40F83F38.jpeg

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
The 2018-2019 PP spoiler (EB and GT are same) can be purchased:

1) Directly from Ford (in primer); expect to pay upwards of $800-$1k.

2) Classifieds Exterior For Sale section on here; usually in the $400+ range (excluding shipping)

3) The WTB section on here; folks usually want to see if there’s locals near them that would want to swap like-color complete trunk lids w/spoiler for non-spoiler, etc.

4) LKQ or Copart (salvage faculties); prices can be anywhere from $500+ excluding shipping.

5) eBay; there’s a boatload of them on there now in the $400-$430 range:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...+PACK+REAR+SPOILER&_odkw=mustang+new+take+off
Be careful with that seller. He’s buying them with paint flaws and selling them. He claims they might be able to be buffed out but when I received mine it had sub clear coat flaws. He offered me a $100 refund and I keep it or I could have sent it back. I decided to keep it and spend the $285 to have it painted. So all in I’ll have $600 into the spoiler.

OP
OP
PPstang

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
I’ve attached the template. Print it full size and tape it on.
Wow! Thank you!!! Luckily, one of our departments at work has a large printer and will probably print one for me. The one I bought is used and in good shape, but does have a few rub marks, etc. I plan to have it repainted a satin black anyway, so it should be easy to prep. I plan to run by the Ford dealership Monday to see if I can get replacement 3M pads under the supports.

Thank you again, I feel lots more confident attacking my trunk lid with a drill!

Sponsored

Bob_Whit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
PPstang
Don't use regular drill bits, use the appropriate step bits. These seem to be kindler to the trunk lid & not dent it too badly, although it doesn't dent badly with the regular.

Ass-asin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premier PP1 Magnetic Gray
Picked up the wing this morning. A little puzzled about the red push pins, guessing I need to drill holes for those too?
I would not drill holes for the red plastic pen. I’d pull that off and only drill the holes for the studs and the guide pins.

OP
OP
PPstang

PPstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO PP Mustang
Thank you all again for the advice! Dropped the wing off at the paint shop yesterday...

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
Couple of things,
1. stepped drill bit aka a cobra bit is good advice, it will leave Round holes, where the standard ones seem to move giving an irregular hole, just be careful as they will cut through pretty fast and jump to the next step quick!
2. remove the clip, what i did, they just slide out i think
3. the current 3m materiel will act as a pad, but i don't know how well. What i did was buy a roll of Scotch extreme mounting tape (same stuff) from Lowes, I attached the sticky side to the trunk around the holes to keep out water, cut the holes though it, and kept the plastic tape on the side that faces the spoiler, that keeps water out and allow me to change spoilers when i want to. Looks like you could add a few more strips along side each other- 1" roll - to build a wide base. beware the template you got in the file as it is not from the spoiler itself, holes may be off.

Chris.

Last edited:

Azwakeboarder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Chris.[/QUOTE]
If anyone is a perfectionist, and in case anyone didn't know.... if you pull the spoiler completely apart for painting, you will need new gaskets that seal and hold the supports in place, and covers for the spoiler. Ford does not sell these gaskets individually, you will have to purchase the entire spoiler if you want the gaskets from Ford. I had to design and cnc cut each gasket for my spoiler. This took me about 2 months start to finish. If anyone is interested I will save you the headache that I went through, pm me.
20190811_085733_resized.jpg
Sponsored