Sponsored

Anyone had their cars dyno tuned on site with Steeda?

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I live local to the Steeda facility in Valdosta, GA. There rates are just as good as any out there. They go by actual time worked on the car, not book time. Jamie Bell does all there work. He is a very knowledgeable, picky guy when it comes to perfection. Steeda does all of my work, from suspension to supercharger systems. When installing suspension parts, it is critical to do an alignment. Steeda does this after installing suspension parts. There knowledge comes in handy when setting up the camber, etc. This has a major effect on your 60ft. 1.33 here 60ft. Donnie Gilder pulls 1.2 with his car.
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Jamie is awesome...he drives from Tallahassee everyday to work (if I remember his name, lol)...I couldn't believe that when he told me...that tells me that he enjoys working there. He set my car up to what he likes and I couldn't agree with him more...down home good fella there.
Now to the original question of dyno tuning...if Jamie does it then ya, don't know about anyone else there or in Pompano, and if I was down there I'd probably try Rob at PBD or see Justin at VMP near Orlando if you want to stay in Florida...I know there are others but those are off the top of my head.
I could go to either Steeda, Valdosta is 1 hour closer to me and their rates are better than Pompano so I went there and very glad I did,

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
That's him, lol The steeda facility in Valdosta does not have a dyno. I use Rob Shoemaker myself and have been with him long before he went to work at PBD.

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
That's him, lol The steeda facility in Valdosta does not have a dyno. I use Rob Shoemaker myself and have been with him long before he went to work at PBD.
So it is a canned tune, no dyno for sure. I don't know why that one piece has been so hard to find out.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
People call them can tunes which is partly true, but these BIG tuners out there have seen just about all combinations you can imagine. When you get a so called tune, these guys like Rob just about has it on point from the get go. When I did mine, he made 1 revision from the first tune he sent. That's how close these tuners get it the first go around. My car is a FBO supercharged car.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Allentown

Allentown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allen
Vehicle(s)
2021 401A Security pckg 20x9 Chrome Wheel Upgrade
People call them can tunes which is partly true, but these BIG tuners out there have seen just about all combinations you can imagine. When you get a so called tune, these guys like Rob just about has it on point from the get go. When I did mine, he made 1 revision from the first tune he sent. That's how close these tuners get it the first go around. My car is a FBO supercharged car.
They have a 1/8th mile test track in Valdosta though. Can you run your data log and corrections on the spot since there is no dyno?? Sorry if that is a dumb question.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
They have a 1/8th mile test track in Valdosta though. Can you run your data log and corrections on the spot since there is no dyno?? Sorry if that is a dumb question.
Actually it is a 1/4 mile track. No you can't, but Jamie would help you data log the car on the street.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Palm Beach Dyno does have a dyno, I'm not sure Steeda Pompano does...thinking they might...call. Justin at VMP in Orlando has a dyno also. There are some in Tampa as well and I'm pretty sure in Jacksonville too...just gotta search.
@Tatum337 lol, I just couldn't remember his name, lol.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Steeda in Pompano has a dyno. They do a dyno day/car show at that facility. I personally have not had Steeda do any work on my vehicles there, but I have friends who have had no complaints for the work done.

I would say Steeda (Pompano) is a solid choice. Also Power by the Hour has a Dyno and also does good work.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
@Allentown,

I forgot to mention, I've had many Steeda parts installed by their technicians. Yea it costs a little more, but there's no question of their proficiency and the exceptional care they take with your car.
I love Steeda, but when they installed IRS spacers and sleeves on my '15, they cross-threaded one of the main IRS bolts when they put it back in. I wouldn't have ever discovered this if I hadn't subsequently done more suspension work myself, including their polyurethane differential bushings. Eventually got that bolt out and another one threaded in, but it was tense for a while. Even with this in mind, I will probably have them install the IRS spacers and sleeves on my '19 soon, but will admonish them to be more careful...

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Steeda in Pompano has a dynojet. Sam was the “Man” back in 2005-2006 on 03-04 Cobra’s. Mine dynoed 460/472 with just a 2.8 upper pulley, K&N FIPK, and maggie axle back.
Sponsored