Sponsored

Anyone got the spring rates of the FRPP M5300Y springs?

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Didn't see them listed in the sticky...spring rates are blank.
Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I don't know if anyone around here has them. I've been quoted some figures by some sources, but don't remember the exact figures.
The front spring is likely around 240 lb/in (i'm pretty sure it's at least 220) and rear maximum rate around 914 lb/in. The rear is a dual rate, so the initial rate portion is likely quite a bit softer than that.

It makes sense that they should be pretty close to the rates from the GT350R. *Take this for what you will. If you can find a source to verify the rates, it would be a good thing to add to the spring thread.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't know if anyone around here has them. I've been quoted some figures by some sources, but don't remember the exact figures.
The front spring is likely around 240 lb/in (i'm pretty sure it's at least 220) and rear maximum rate around 914 lb/in. The rear is a dual rate, so the initial rate portion is likely quite a bit softer than that.

It makes sense that they should be pretty close to the rates from the GT350R. *Take this for what you will. If you can find a source to verify the rates, it would be a good thing to add to the spring thread.

Thanks Blue, thats what I heard as well. Just nothing written in stone.

Dave

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold

The rear spring is dual rate and has an average rate near 600 lb/in. It's very soft and is the reason the package works well with that rear bar. Front spring is 245 lb/in.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The rear spring is dual rate and has an average rate near 600 lb/in. It's very soft and is the reason the package works well with that rear bar. Front spring is 245 lb/in.

Thanks...I have to say I love the rear end of this car now. The soft rear spring is why it still has a decent ride. Most people think its the front spring that dictates ride when it is the rear. It is so easy to control rotation with the throttle and it hunkers down. I wish I can get the feel out of the front like my E92 M3 had which still had hydraulic power steering. The car turns nice, but doesn't feel as confident as the E92 did regarding the front end. My E92 was just a stock 2013 ZCP car but I had 19X10 and 19X11 with a 275/295 setup. The M3 had Mich PSS not PS4s but pretty comparable tire to the ContiSportcontactextremes.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
Most people think its the front spring that dictates ride when it is the rear.
Who are these 'most people'? lol. It's definitely the rear that drive the ride quality, always has been. That said, with the right rate balance F/R you can achieve excellent ride quality AND roll+pitch control

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Who are these 'most people'? lol. It's definitely the rear that drive the ride quality, always has been. That said, with the right rate balance F/R you can achieve excellent ride quality AND roll+pitch control
Sorry most people is in incorrect analogy. I always knew it was the rear spring rates that drove ride quality.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks...I have to say I love the rear end of this car now. The soft rear spring is why it still has a decent ride. Most people think its the front spring that dictates ride when it is the rear. It is so easy to control rotation with the throttle and it hunkers down. I wish I can get the feel out of the front like my E92 M3 had which still had hydraulic power steering. The car turns nice, but doesn't feel as confident as the E92 did regarding the front end. My E92 was just a stock 2013 ZCP car but I had 19X10 and 19X11 with a 275/295 setup. The M3 had Mich PSS not PS4s but pretty comparable tire to the ContiSportcontactextremes.
As a former E92 guy, I feel your pain. The best thing I’ve changed on the Mustang to get better front wheel/tire communication and feel was installing the Steeda roll-center correction and bump steer kit with stiffer bushings.

I suspect just changing the control arm bushings to stiffer units, or bearings, will get you more of what you want. The kit settles a few issues when lowering the car an inch or more.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a former E92 guy, I feel your pain. The best thing I’ve changed on the Mustang to get better front wheel/tire communication and feel was installing the Steeda roll-center correction and bump steer kit with stiffer bushings.

I suspect just changing the control arm bushings to stiffer units, or bearings, will get you more of what you want. The kit settles a few issues when lowering the car an inch or more.

Yea sometimes numbers aren't everything. Its how the car goes about and does it. I love the rear end feel of this car, but the front end just feels so artificial. I will give those Steeda parts a crack...it sucks as I already had the car aligned. The front end of an E92 M3 with 275s up front was glorious...unflappable. The rear end had issues but the front end of the car was just planted and turn in was now.
Sponsored