Sponsored

Anyone getting trade bids on 2017's yet? Curious as to how good my deal was....

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
I'm pretty new to the site as I just took delivery of my 2017 Silver GT last Monday (literal delivery, as it was delivered to my front step and they took away my trade).

Trying to decipher just how good of deal I got on it, and wondering how bad dealers are hitting owners if they're looking to trade their 2016/2017's.

I paid $30,280 for the 2017 GT, 12k miles. 6spd Auto, premium pkg, ACC/BLIS, Enhanced Security, 401a, upgraded Foundry wheels, Nav, and a few other small $100-ish options. Original sticker was $44,190. Car was absolutely mint, inside and out, came direct from Ford, as it was an employee car at Corp HQ. I did dump the Foundry wheels and put on a set of 2018 20" that were take-offs from a Hennesey outlet, as well as some tints.

I feel good about it at the $30k price, but curious if people are taking baths much lower than this when trading in 2016 and 2017's for the new 18/19's.

Thoughts? I ask because I tend to keep my cars for just 3-6 months, and then move on.

The other part of my deal was my 2018 Silverado CC 4WD LTZ trade. I got a smoking deal on it in early June when rebates pushed it to nearly 31% off sticker. Paid $38,185 for a truck that stickered $55,185. Used truck prices are absolutely stupid here in TX, not the first time I've "flipped" a truck. I put 4500 miles on it from early June to early August and got $42,500 on trade....NOT a typo, I made $4300 on a truck I bought less than 90 days ago. This was a buy bid from a dealer, so did not need to trade to get paid the $42,500 for my truck.

Always trying to figure out what car is next.....just gotta figure out what this 'Stang is really worth!
20180817_192316.jpg
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
MSRP on mine was $44,370 and I bought it brand new, custom ordered for $35,900 before TTL after all rebates and private cash. I've got about 7.7k miles on it and bought in back in May of 2017. Based on your price, I'd say you got a pretty good deal. I think a lot are probably getting high 20's for their GT's on trade in, but it really depends on options.

I like those wheels with the color. Looks slick.

OP
OP
LantanaMustang

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
MSRP on mine was $44,370 and I bought it brand new, custom ordered for $35,900 before TTL after all rebates and private cash. I've got about 7.7k miles on it and bought in back in May of 2017. Based on your price, I'd say you got a pretty good deal. I think a lot are probably getting high 20's for their GT's on trade in, but it really depends on options.

I like those wheels with the color. Looks slick.
Thanks man, the wheels made a huge difference. The stock 18" Foundry rims were more of the traditional Mustang style, but just had way too much tire filling up the wheel well. Silver wasn't really my preferred color, but it was the "right" deal, so I made it work. I find it's just tough to get rims to look right on a silver car, and I still prefer aluminum and chrome over the more modern black wheels that many are spec'd with.

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
I bought a 17 GT Prem/PP 6MT with 1890 miles on it. The sticker on the car was 44k. It also had 20inch split 5spoke roush wheels. It has every option available i believe. I paid 29.5K for it and the dealer gave me 3k more than any other dealer on my 14 VW GLI trade in.
stang3.jpg

OP
OP
LantanaMustang

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
I bought a 17 GT Prem/PP 6MT with 1890 miles on it. The sticker on the car was 44k. It also had 20inch split 5spoke roush wheels. It has every option available i believe. I paid 29.5K for it and the dealer gave me 3k more than any other dealer on my 14 VW GLI trade in.
stang3.jpg
Love the color combo....my last toy had some similar features! Looks like you really got a smoking deal, especially with the low miles below 2k.

I love yellow, but it seems like it is a color that can often times sit on the lot longer and make for a better bargaining opportunity. I was also looking at a yellow 2017 GT Premium Vert that was priced right around $30k with decent options and under 25k miles.

Still miss my below yellow Vette, but it just wasn't practical to have a 3rd car, especially one that couldn't accommodate more than me and one other family member! I bought the Vette back in Nov of '13 for 4-5k below similar vehicles that weren't yellow. Works for me, as that is what I was looking for! Miss it severely every time I see that 3rd garage bay now filled with bikes, scooters, and Power Wheels!
IMG_0102.JPG

Sponsored

bless0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ingot Silver GT/PP/AE/MR Recaros
I do believe the color was the reason why it sat at the dealer for almost 2 months. I wasn't going to look at it when i found it online. Since the dealer was only 20 minutes away i decided
what the hell why not. Once i saw the car the color grew on me. After doing more shopping i realized this car was the best deal by far, both from an asking price and from what the dealer
offered me on my trade. Now i love the color.

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
I’m currently working with a dealer on a left over 2017 they have. GT Premium with performance package, 401a, BLIS, leather recaros, redline stitched interior, voice activated Nav, etc etc etc. it’s loaded, and only 50 miles on the actual car.

Sticker is $45,500,but so far they only want to move down to $38,000 plus Tax & Title

They are selling it as used, they have had the car since new, and apparently just moved it over to “used” to lower the price. I love the car, but it still seems too steep at $38k for a left over “used” title 17

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I paid 32.5k last November for my GTPP Premium with Leather Recaros, enhanced security, BLIS, 6spd, etc. It had 2k miles on it. Originally booked for 45k. It even came with an extra set of brand new tires. Total steal.

I'd say you got a fair deal. Keep miles off and keep the body looking good, and I imagine you won't lose much if you were to trade in 6 months.

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Fair deal. I've been looking for a long time (2 years or more probably). Now, you can get a 2018 GT Premium with the 10 speed auto for 35k-36k brand new. There are lots of incentives for a brand new one. I wouldn't pay 30k for a used 2017 with the 401A package and security options over a new car with just the A10 premium 400A

OP
OP
LantanaMustang

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
Fair deal. I've been looking for a long time (2 years or more probably). Now, you can get a 2018 GT Premium with the 10 speed auto for 35k-36k brand new. There are lots of incentives for a brand new one. I wouldn't pay 30k for a used 2017 with the 401A package and security options over a new car with just the A10 premium 400A
In the DFW area I’m seeing a handful of dealers that are giving as much as $8k off sticker for 2018s, but the 2018s come out roughly $2k higher than the 2017 when optioned the same.

The cars that are in the $36k range sticker for $44k but are just “base premiums” with the 10spd auto. No 401a, no active cruise control, BLIS, Shaker Pro, spare tire kit, etc.

Unless there is a magic wand someplace in the area, I think I’d be hard-pressed to find a comparably optioned 2018 for mid-30s.

Maybe in Q4 though when the 2019’s are really filling the lots.

If you were wanting a 2018 simply for the performance attributes I could see the justification of dropping another $6-8k. This is my DD which will see 2-3k miles a month of mostly freeway driving. No major mods planned, nor will it see track or strip time while I own it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
LantanaMustang

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
I’m currently working with a dealer on a left over 2017 they have. GT Premium with performance package, 401a, BLIS, leather recaros, redline stitched interior, voice activated Nav, etc etc etc. it’s loaded, and only 50 miles on the actual car.

Sticker is $45,500,but so far they only want to move down to $38,000 plus Tax & Title

They are selling it as used, they have had the car since new, and apparently just moved it over to “used” to lower the price. I love the car, but it still seems too steep at $38k for a left over “used” title 17
Still gauging what is “fair”, but $7500 off sticker for a “used” 2017 sounds like flat-out robbery.

Per many other posts, as well as my own searching, seems like many dealers are already discounting 2018s to that level and beyond.

OP
OP
LantanaMustang

LantanaMustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
I paid 32.5k last November for my GTPP Premium with Leather Recaros, enhanced security, BLIS, 6spd, etc. It had 2k miles on it. Originally booked for 45k. It even came with an extra set of brand new tires. Total steal.

I'd say you got a fair deal. Keep miles off and keep the body looking good, and I imagine you won't lose much if you were to trade in 6 months.
Hard to keep the miles off....

Daily driver as I’m in outside sales, but the 54 cents a mile reimbursement really helps the cause.

$5400 (less gas, tires, insurance) for every 10k miles I put on. I’ve averaged 30k miles/year for the past decade. Makes it a lot less painful to take a small depreciation hit!

I figure I’ve got a $1000 “net” budget per month after figuring in gas/ins/maintenance.

MacSrc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep GC Altitude
Still gauging what is “fair”, but $7500 off sticker for a “used” 2017 sounds like flat-out robbery.

Per many other posts, as well as my own searching, seems like many dealers are already discounting 2018s to that level and beyond.
I feel the same way. I’m really trying to figure out what price range to shoot for with this dealer. My biggest issue is finding these cars with the options I’m looking for (premium, performance, recaros)

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Paid $34,500 before tax for my $44K MSRP 2016 GTPP. Wouldn't have paid a dime more as it's certainly not a $44K car to me. Of course, I have an issue with ALL new car prices, so...

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
Miss it severely every time I see that 3rd garage bay now filled with bikes, scooters, and Power Wheels!
I know how that feels although I only have one kid so there's still some space left for a workbench, tools, and car parts... And congrats on a smoking deal!
Sponsored