Sponsored

Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium Coupe, 2020 GT350 Heritage
The splitter also has 23 rivets in it that make it not so friendly to take off and put back on unless you don't mind replacing rivets every time. Granted I think the splitter would hold just fine without the rivets and just the screws, the instructions call for all of the rivets to be put in.
I didn't know they're using actual rivets on that piece. But I hear you.
Sponsored

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
I didn't know they're using actual rivets on that piece. But I hear you.
They are just automotive plastic rivets, but it’s definitely more secure once they have been fitted vs just the bolts.

stageron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2559, Lexus NX300
I would say it’s more like touring car and race car from a visual standpoint. The HP car to me says it belongs on the track. The base car says high performance street car. The funny thing is the base car is a better track car than the HP is at being a street car :giggle:
So true. I bought the non HP car and have not regretted it one bit. Never tracking the car, Cup 2's are not for the streets and that extra front splitter will be toast after the first driveway you pull into. I'm not a big splashy spoiler guy and I know this is not the popular opinion but the optional wheels on the base car just blow away those HP wheels. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP

bozack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM
I am just going to roll with the HP, it might be a big waste but I like the look and prefer the wheels and don't want to deal with sourcing the parts later.

Thanks all for the perspective and fingers crossed this comes through, now it is just a waiting game.

Sponsored

MLO 351

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I ordered mine without it. My reasoning was if I wanted it, that's 6 semi-cheap ford parts to buy later:

My understanding was the HP included a front splitter, GT350 spoiler, HP wheels, adjustable strut mounts, and chassis specific tuning. I think the Chassis tuning is just the solid rear sway bar and stiffer springs. All of which I feel are very easy to add on. (feel free to correct me if there is more chassis tuning than that 😅)
I'm sure I've read the Magneride settings are also calibrated differently between the HP and non HP Mach 1's.

LowFlying65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
FJG Mach1 # M3579
yeah mine said I am in the early stage of 2022, I also realized I ordered without NAV so seeing if I can change that as its the only way to get XM
I have a non-nav and XM. They won't quit calling me to get a subscription. Also, you don't need Nav if you have CarPlay or Android Auto.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
I got it and would do it again 10/10 times. Love the look and everything that makes up the package.
Just curious - If you got it why doesn't your avatar show the HP wheels?

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are only two things that I didn't like about the HP: The wheels and Cup 2's, and the fact that I've scraped the front splitter twice already on pavement transitions. Already have new wheels and tires of the same size so that "problem" is fixed. But it's a learning experience as to how low and far out front that splitter is . Definitely wanted all of the rest of the HP parts, mostly the springs and sway bar, so I wouldn't feel tempted to replace them later with something stiffer (I won't be tracking it), and the splitter and wing because they look cool.
Surprising to hear. I understand wanting to change out the Cup2's, but the HP wheels are awesome. They are unique, and the nicest wheel Ford has ever made IMO. The Mach1 with the HP package looks awesome exactly how it is to my eyes. The car sounds amazing too. The only thing is I wish it was a bit faster, for the money.

Sponsored

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His avatar does show the HP wheels
Ah, you are right. My bad. This monitor is kind of dark and couldn't see the spokes properly. Thought they were the optional wheels for the non-HP cars.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Surprising to hear. I understand wanting to change out the Cup2's, but the HP wheels are awesome. They are unique, and the nicest wheel Ford has ever made IMO. The Mach1 with the HP package looks awesome exactly how it is to my eyes. The car sounds amazing too. The only thing is I wish it was a bit faster, for the money.
Yep I'm definitely in the minority. Don't like the design, too busy for me, and don't like the color with my silver car. If I had a black car I might have kept them. Definitely love the sound. I do agree a little more acceleration from the manual would have been great but that's a solvable problem.

Yeah me too, the rims / tires alone are $3-4K, the balance gets you a lot, especially crunple proven chassis reinforcements, and lots of details that cost.
The wheels are very inexpensive, $1000 for the set including TPMS from Levittown as has been posted in other threads.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The wheels are very inexpensive, $1000 for the set including TPMS from Levittown as has been posted in other threads.
I'm surprised they are that cheap. Aren't they supposed to be forged?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I'm surprised they are that cheap. Aren't they supposed to be forged?
Yeah, again there's a whole thread on that but turns out the Ford Performance versions are the same ones they put on the handling package cars. Honestly that was another small reason I didn't keep the HP wheels.... just not as exclusive as you'd think. Even the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels that I replaced the HP wheels with were more expensive.

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 2017 Explorer Platinum
yeah mine said I am in the early stage of 2022, I also realized I ordered without NAV so seeing if I can change that as its the only way to get XM
That should not be a problem. I did just that when I ordered my Mach 1. I initially ordered without the Nav, then asked if I could add it. They added it without any issues. If you ordered a 22, it really should not be a problem since HP cars will build in early spring.
Sponsored