Anyone get the Handling Package but wish they didn't?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
Surprising to hear. I understand wanting to change out the Cup2's, but the HP wheels are awesome. They are unique, and the nicest wheel Ford has ever made IMO. The Mach1 with the HP package looks awesome exactly how it is to my eyes. The car sounds amazing too. The only thing is I wish it was a bit faster, for the money.
Yep I'm definitely in the minority. Don't like the design, too busy for me, and don't like the color with my silver car. If I had a black car I might have kept them. Definitely love the sound. I do agree a little more acceleration from the manual would have been great but that's a solvable problem.

Yeah me too, the rims / tires alone are $3-4K, the balance gets you a lot, especially crunple proven chassis reinforcements, and lots of details that cost.
The wheels are very inexpensive, $1000 for the set including TPMS from Levittown as has been posted in other threads.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2015 Silverado LTZ 6.2L
I'm surprised they are that cheap. Aren't they supposed to be forged?
Yeah, again there's a whole thread on that but turns out the Ford Performance versions are the same ones they put on the handling package cars. Honestly that was another small reason I didn't keep the HP wheels.... just not as exclusive as you'd think. Even the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels that I replaced the HP wheels with were more expensive.

Hanavarian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
Ticino 7D
Yep I'm definitely in the minority. Don't like the design, too busy for me, and don't like the color with my silver car. If I had a black car I might have kept them. Definitely love the sound. I do agree a little more acceleration from the manual would have been great but that's a solvable problem.

The wheels are very inexpensive, $1000 for the set including TPMS from Levittown as has been posted in other threads.
My mistake thought was regular PP regardless paid for nearly.

W0rkH0rse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Explorer Platinum; 1915 Ford Model T
yeah mine said I am in the early stage of 2022, I also realized I ordered without NAV so seeing if I can change that as its the only way to get XM
That should not be a problem. I did just that when I ordered my Mach 1. I initially ordered without the Nav, then asked if I could add it. They added it without any issues. If you ordered a 22, it really should not be a problem since HP cars will build in early spring.

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marty
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
So I just placed my order today and now I wait, but after putting it through I wonder if I should have omitted the handling package or not.

I love the look of the rear spoiler and the rims, I won't be tracking the car, so wonder if it was worth it or if I will notice

I also went with the elite package and the appearance package

Anyone not get the HP and wish they did, or did anyone get it and wish they didn't?

Thanks
Hi,
Can you share the dealer name where you ordered the car? Also what is the price increase on the 2022 Mach?
Thanks

fastrax

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2006 gt, 2021 gt pp1
If all you wanted was a grocery getter, then you wasted your money.

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
Yeah, again there's a whole thread on that but turns out the Ford Performance versions are the same ones they put on the handling package cars. Honestly that was another small reason I didn't keep the HP wheels.... just not as exclusive as you'd think. Even the black Ford Performance PP2 wheels that I replaced the HP wheels with were more expensive.
So, wait... You can buy Geuine FORGED HP wheels for only $1k for the whole set of 4?? If so, that's freakin insane. That's cheap even for cast wheels, let alone forged wheels!

The other kicker is aren't they made in the USA? If so that makes it even more of a head scratcher, because USA Forged wheels are usually in the $6k to $15k range

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 HP Velocity Blue TREMEC Recaro
So, wait... You can buy Geuine FORGED HP wheels for only $1k for the whole set of 4?? If so, that's freakin insane. That's cheap even for cast wheels, let alone forged wheels!

The other kicker is aren't they made in the USA? If so that makes it even more of a head scratcher, because USA Forged wheels are usually in the $6k to $15k range
The HP wheels are NOT forged !! Spun cast & made in USA & heavy

kbreeze72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 5.0 & 2021 C8 Z51
Yeah I saw that afterwards but they are backordered. $1k per set is a heck of a price for performance wheels of that design and in those sizes, for made in USA OEM wheels, even if they are cast.

Either way, it's crazy how they have this set for $1k, yet individually, on the same website, for apparently the same wheels, they are like $3800 for the set.

Also many publications talked about the wheels being forged, but now I see "forged from cast aluminum"... LOL, WTF does that even mean. Sounds like misleading marketing crap. Assumed they were at least flow-forged.

So much confusion.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach1 HP Velocity Blue TREMEC Recaro
Yeah I saw that afterwards but they are backordered. $1k per set is a heck of a price for performance wheels of that design and in those sizes, for made in USA OEM wheels, even if they are cast.

Either way, it's crazy how they have this set for $1k, yet individually, on the same website, for apparently the same wheels, they are like $3800 for the set.

Also many publications talked about the wheels being forged, but now I see "forged from cast aluminum"... LOL, WTF does that even mean. Sounds like misleading marketing crap. Assumed they were at least flow-forged.

So much confusion.
Yes, quite the price with the packaged set of all 4 plus tpms (which are not the heavy duty steel ones that came on the HP) and FP center caps. No lug nuts thought. I saw the individual wheel prices and like you stated, close to $3800. I don’t know the rational there ? The FP ones are the same sizes but are made in China & a bit more money. https://www.levittownfordparts.com/sku/m-1007k-dc19xmb.html And like you stated, the HP wheel set is back ordered with a 2 -4 week wait.

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
FP vs OEM parts pricing. Here it's even better than FP PP2 vs OEM PP2 wheels. Probably got too many leftovers when they couldn't build as many HP cars as they wanted. Nice example of real (manufacturing) price of an item and how much margin they make on it OEM...

63 - Late Model Restoration - 1