Sponsored

Anyone Get a Drive Mode Inop after Battery Change?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I just replaced my battery with a 96R EFB Battery and put a Soler Performance Throttle Controller on and today the first time I started the car and drove since November I had a few things that popped up ony dash, Drive Mode Not Available was one of them. Anyone else had this issue?
Thanks for your help
Sponsored

Last edited:

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Well, you made two changes that could possibly cause that message.
Of the two I would suspect the throttle controller first.
I guess it's remotely possible to be the battery but I think it pretty unlikely.
Did you do the BMS reset when you replaced the battery?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Does your car have AE? There was a thread on here from GT350 owners getting a similar message if the AE harnesses were damaged, loose connectors or chafed. There was a Ford TSB put a TSB out too, but it's only specific to the GT350's.

I don't recall anyone on here getting Drive Mode errors after replacing an S550 battery, whether it was a stock battery replacement or an aftermarket upgrade.

I would check your work that you did for the Soler TB Controller upgrade and check your AE harnesses (if equipped with AE).

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I guess it's remotely possible to be the battery but I think it pretty unlikely.
I did the BMS reset procedure and the battery light flashed three times. I think I will disconnect the battery and remove the throttle controller, and reset any faults with my scanner and see if that removes them. I will then go from their. Thanks for your help

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Does your car have AE? There was a thread on here from GT350 owners getting a similar message if the AE harnesses were damaged, loose connectors or chafed. There was a Ford TSB put a TSB out too, but it's only specific to the GT350's.

I don't recall anyone on here getting Drive Mode errors after replacing an S550 battery, whether it was a stock battery replacement or an aftermarket upgrade.

I would check your work that you did for the Soler TB Controller upgrade and check your AE harnesses (if equipped with AE).
Thanks. I will remove and clear codes and go from their. Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I went on and removed the Soler TC and reset my fault codes. The problem I am getting is a Suspension Fauklt Speed Limited to 80MPH. The Only thing I done underneith car this past winter was install a BMR K-Brace and Steeda Front Tow Bar, Rear Vertical Links, Camber Links, Toe Links but I dont remember having to disconnect any connectoers or harnesses. I will put back on Quick Jacks and do some inspecting.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I went on and removed the Soler TC and reset my fault codes. The problem I am getting is a Suspension Fauklt Speed Limited to 80MPH. The Only thing I done underneith car this past winter was install a BMR K-Brace and Steeda Front Tow Bar, Rear Vertical Links, Camber Links, Toe Links but I dont remember having to disconnect any connectoers or harnesses. I will put back on Quick Jacks and do some inspecting.
Doug,

Are you using your main Key Fob, or perhaps the secondary Fob? Are you sure that one of your Fobs isn't set to "My Key" status:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/keys-and-locks/mykey/mykey/

Or that MyKey isn't inadvertently selected through the dash cluster menus?

--

Another way that fault that would come on is an issue with a Magneride sensor going out (or a connector is loose), or if you had installed lowering springs and the MR sensors need to be reset. Go to each corner and make sure all sensor connectors are 100% secure - do wiggle test. Then reset the PCM (disconnect battery or do KAM reset) and see if the error comes back.

OP
OP
DougS550

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Doug,

Are you using your main Key Fob, or perhaps the secondary Fob? Are you sure that one of your Fobs isn't set to "My Key" status:
https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/keys-and-locks/mykey/mykey/

Or that MyKey isn't inadvertently selected through the dash cluster menus?

--

Another way that fault that would come on is an issue with a Magneride sensor going out (or a connector is loose), or if you had installed lowering springs and the MR sensors need to be reset. Go to each corner and make sure all sensor connectors are 100% secure - do wiggle test. Then reset the PCM (disconnect battery or do KAM reset) and see if the error comes back.
Im thinking When I had to pull back my front wheel liners I used a bungee cord to hold them back. I could have mistakenly hooked it to one of the Magnerride Sensor Wires. So I will jack today and check them out. Thank You for your help
Sponsored