Sponsored

Anyone from Wichita KS? MSRP GT350 Inbound

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
So, I just had the strangest interaction with a dealer, yet. I contacted a dealer in Wichita, KS and found that they have a 2016 GT350 inbound (already has a window sticker, etc.). They said they were selling it at MSRP, and then asked if I was from the local area. I said I was from Chicago, and the tone of the person I spoke to changed immediately. He said they would only sell to locals. OK - no problem. I asked what his name was, so I could refer someone local to them, and he wouldn't tell me. Then, he hung up on me. :crazy:

Wow.

Anyway, if anyone lives in the Wichita, KS area, PM me and I'll send you the details. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150
I think I've arrived at the opinion that most Ford dealers and their salesmen (mine excluded) are complete wack jobs. They either suffer from unreasonable and excessive greed, xenophobia, or are downright fraudulent in their business practices. I suppose that this is true of the entire auto sales business segment. Some stereotypes are true, and one of my biggest take-aways from my GT350 research and acquisition experience is that the things you hear about auto sales folks is accurate. Granted, there are always exceptions to every rule. It's really too bad for those rare dealers and salesmen who want a quality customer relationship.

Last edited:

Rated R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco FE
After years of making contact with various dealers of many different manufacturers, purchasing cars, inquiring about others etc, the worst dealers I've had the misfortune of dealing with have been Ford dealers. If I hadn't finally found a fair and straight shooting local Ford dealer I'd probably be in a M4 right now.

In the past I threw up my hands and purchased a Ram 1500, Durango R/T and a Challenger SRT8, all because of the way I was treated by my local Ford dealers. It would serve Ford well to examine the behavior of the dealerships representing them and their dealing with their customers. It has a lot to be desired.

OP
OP
shelby_r

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person whose had some odd experiences with Ford Dealerships. Again, not all bad...and there are some odd ducks out there!

Also, I forgot to mention - when I asked his name, his response was, "we have ways of ensuring that the vehicle stays in the local area." I told him I was not trying to circumvent him and that I just waned his name as a point of reference for someone who is local..and that's when he hung up.

Nice.

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only person whose had some odd experiences with Ford Dealerships. Again, not all bad...and there are some odd ducks out there!

Also, I forgot to mention - when I asked his name, his response was, "we have ways of ensuring that the vehicle stays in the local area." I told him I was not trying to circumvent him and that I just waned his name as a point of reference for someone who is local..and that's when he hung up.

Nice.
That's so amazing ..I can see that happening to me because I'm so HIGH energy I make everyone nuts around me,:eyebulge: but you are so nice and easy to talk to....it must of been that guys time of the month:crazy:...lol

Sponsored

MJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTR & 2004 Cobra 490 RWHP
If I was a dealer, I would only sell to locals especially at MSRP. They make their money on service. Why let that future revenue stream walk away when they can easily sell it locally.

Now this guy took it to an extreme.

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Nobody in Wichita has that kind of money, they're better off selling out of state if they want to move it.

Face76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Nobody in Wichita has that kind of money, they're better off selling out of state if they want to move it.
Really? Wichita is a very wealthy city.

aerodyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP 6MT Magnetic / Redline
I don't think it's that weird. If I owned a dealership, I would rather sell a car like the GT350 to a local customer who I could maintain a relationship with, rather than some guy who is going to fly in and drive away with it whom I'll never see again.

If I were selling at MSRP with that policy, I would expect a lot of people from all over the country calling, and trying to maneuver their way into buying the car. "Oh, my uncle is from Wichita!" etc. And I would get impatient after a while.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I don't think it's that weird. If I owned a dealership, I would rather sell a car like the GT350 to a local customer who I could maintain a relationship with, rather than some guy who is going to fly in and drive away with it whom I'll never see again.

If I were selling at MSRP with that policy, I would expect a lot of people from all over the country calling, and trying to maneuver their way into buying the car. "Oh, my uncle is from Wichita!" etc. And I would get impatient after a while.
I found one dealership like that and completely understand their stance. I simply moved on and found another deal. I can respect places folks who stick to their guns like taht :cheers:

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
Because you have to be from Florida to have money? I found 2 local deals at MSRP back in June. I took one and sent the other along to a fellow 6G member. There are some good Ford dealers out there. It seems like it is only the morons that we hear about. Oh, and I live in Iowa and I will be paying for mine in cash:thumbsup:

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Also, I forgot to mention - when I asked his name, his response was, "we have ways of ensuring that the vehicle stays in the local area."
"Vee have vays of making you TALK!" :)

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
Because you have to be from Florida to have money? I found 2 local deals at MSRP back in June. I took one and sent the other along to a fellow 6G member. There are some good Ford dealers out there. It seems like it is only the morons that we hear about. Oh, and I live in Iowa and I will be paying for mine in cash:thumbsup:
Settle down Francis