Sponsored

Anyone found an aftermarket 2 ohm 3.5" door speaker?

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Thinking about replacing the 3.5 door speakers. Want to match factory impedance (2 ohm). Can't find any that aren't coax. Anyone find a non-coax 2 ohm 3.5?
Sponsored

RubberyDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3
Thinking about replacing the 3.5 door speakers. Want to match factory impedance (2 ohm). Can't find any that aren't coax. Anyone find a non-coax 2 ohm 3.5?
So I really struggled with this exact issue. I ended up going for a set of 3 way components (there are a few options out there) as it was the cheapest way to get a higher quality set of 3.5" mid woofers.

OP
OP

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
So I really struggled with this exact issue. I ended up going for a set of 3 way components (there are a few options out there) as it was the cheapest way to get a higher quality set of 3.5" mid woofers.
2 ohm?

RubberyDuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost 2.3
2ohm kits are available (hard to find though), but if you're replacing all the speakers in the cabin, it doesn't need to be 2ohm. To be honest, you could even replace the doors speakers with the 4ohm three way kit, remove the center speaker (please do, you won't regret it!), and leave the 2ohm rears (unless you want to replace them). The volume difference between the 4ohm and the 2ohm is negligible, but could be offset by simply shifting the balance further to the rear of the car.

If you did replace the rears with 4ohm speakers, the problem goes away. Yes, the whole system will be a little quieter (~3db), but the benefits of replacing the poo factory speakers with some higher quality cones will far outweigh the slight volume loss. Plus it lends more emphasis to the 2ohm subwoofer, which is no bad thing, especially if you replace that too.

These are the ones I went for: https://www.audison.eu/products/apk-163/

I did find a 2ohm option here in the UK, but wasn't convinced of the quality: http://www.caraudio4less.co.uk/jbl-gto6583c-165cm-3-way-component-speaker-system-p-2338.html
Sponsored