Sponsored

Anyone experience Order delays due to part shortage / layoffs?

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
Just curious if anyone has seen their order date impacted yet due to the most recent layoff announcements and micro chip shortages. Article can be found here:
ford-confirms-more-production-cuts-uaw-layoffs-at-chicago-and-ohio

My build is estimated to begin the 1st or 2nd week of March, but right now i am doubting that it will be on time.
Sponsored

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
My salesman called me last week and told me my build date was pushed up a week to March 1st. The e-mail Ford sent me back in early January was a March 8th build date so I guess that's a good thing....so far.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I don't believe the microchip shortage has affected Mustang production. It has hurt Escape and Bronco Sport production the worst with Ford.

We've seen orders pushed back with Ford on the Bronco Sport and the Escape can be ordered this month with only limited options.

OP
OP
FunkinGoNuts

FunkinGoNuts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Carbonized Gray GT
I don't believe the microchip shortage has affected Mustang production. It has hurt Escape and Bronco Sport production the worst with Ford.

We've seen orders pushed back with Ford on the Bronco Sport and the Escape can be ordered this month with only limited options.
Thanks Zach, i thought it was odd flat rock / mustangs weren't mentioned; perhaps whatever microchips needed for the builds they have sufficient stock of.

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
Thanks Zach, i thought it was odd flat rock / mustangs weren't mentioned; perhaps whatever microchips needed for the builds they have sufficient stock of.
Yeah, it depends on what chip is used in each vehicle line. To my knowledge F-150 and expedition haven't been altered at all because the pieces necessary don't effect them, but bronco Sport and Escape have.

This is across all manufacturers too. It's definitely not a Ford exclusive issue.

Sponsored

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
I hope it doesn't become impacted, I just got an email this morning saying scheduled build date the week of 4/19. I wonder how long after its built it takes to arrive?

Zach@Granger

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra Mustang
I hope it doesn't become impacted, I just got an email this morning saying scheduled build date the week of 4/19. I wonder how long after its built it takes to arrive?
Usually 2-3 weeks is a good guess.

Their scheduled to week, is their best estimate on when they're planning to have it produced based on what they know now in this moment for supplies. In the world of covid that can always change. But they are pretty good at estimates.

Isitfast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 hellcat
I ordered a Mach 1 on 11/21. I have a vin but it says in order processing. Not sure what the holdup is