Sponsored

Anyone ever used a Ravelco in there car?

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
Others have suggested this as an anti-theft device. I have never gotten anything like this on a car but it seems our new vehicle is slightly high on the radar for thieves.
https://www.ravelco.com/

Fairly simple design but effective. Looks like they sheath all the wiring from the dash to firewall in metal, make a bunch of random connections and if anyone are out of order the vehicle wont start. they say after installed it has 100,000 possible combinations. Understanding someone can still have a tow truck and force into neutral. short of that this looks like a fairly good option.
Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I don't think it do much. as they find it, cut the wires and bypass it.
Todays car thief uses the cars own keyless entry against it. grabing the signal from the key fob, and copying it, and then using the hand held repeater to unlock your car and stat it.
I'd like key fobs that had a micro switch on the side to shut off the signal so the thief can't walk up to your home, grab the signal, then use the repeater to get off with your car.
The other way they take vehicles today is the snatch and grab. using a repoman tow rig set up on a plan jane pick up. back up to your car, the brackets go around your tires with hydraulics then lift the wheels and off they go, Gone in under 60 seconds.
The item you posted might stop the semi pro thug , but a pro will bypass it, or just return with the snatching truck.
If your car gets stolen today, it was already on a chop shops request list or a exporters list . If they want it, they'll get it.
On a trip and parking at a resort or hotel, park it near camera and lights, foot traffic and turn the frontwheels, hard to snatch it, if it hit other cars, also pull the fuel pump relay. I have a spare gutted one just for this. so it they happen to go looking to why it not start they don't see a missingrelay

OP
OP
Louk

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I don't think it do much. as they find it, cut the wires and bypass it.
Todays car thief uses the cars own keyless entry against it. grabing the signal from the key fob, and copying it, and then using the hand held repeater to unlock your car and stat it.
I'd like key fobs that had a micro switch on the side to shut off the signal so the thief can't walk up to your home, grab the signal, then use the repeater to get off with your car.
The other way they take vehicles today is the snatch and grab. using a repoman tow rig set up on a plan jane pick up. back up to your car, the brackets go around your tires with hydraulics then lift the wheels and off they go, Gone in under 60 seconds.
The item you posted might stop the semi pro thug , but a pro will bypass it, or just return with the snatching truck.
If your car gets stolen today, it was already on a chop shops request list or a exporters list . If they want it, they'll get it.
On a trip and parking at a resort or hotel, park it near camera and lights, foot traffic and turn the frontwheels, hard to snatch it, if it hit other cars, also pull the fuel pump relay. I have a spare gutted one just for this. so it they happen to go looking to why it not start they don't see a missingrelay
from my talk with the installer as well as what it says online its not as simple as "cut and bypass" they make the splices at different places. Several independent companies have contested that no vehicle has been stolen with one of these installed.
Granted if someone shows up with a flatbed it doesn't matter its getting rolled up as you said.

It is either this or having a kill switch wired in. At the very least if the thief doesn't have a flatbed it will slow them down to the point of not wanting to continue to mess with it and get caught.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
from my talk with the installer as well as what it says online its not as simple as "cut and bypass" they make the splices at different places. Several independent companies have contested that no vehicle has been stolen with one of these installed.
Granted if someone shows up with a flatbed it doesn't matter its getting rolled up as you said.

It is either this or having a kill switch wired in. At the very least if the thief doesn't have a flatbed it will slow them down to the point of not wanting to continue to mess with it and get caught.
Not fer nothing but
The installer wants your money, he is a salesman.
It is a kill switch with a plug that makes the connections to start the car. wires are color coded, it won't take a rocket science to figure out what wire goes where and then start it.
I mean it is a good Idea if installed in a way to make getting to it is a r.p.i.t.a. and also out of sight so they never know it is even in the car , as you have to find it first to then bypass it.
But where you have to be able to get to it to put the plug(key) into it, it won't be that hidden.
You can do the same thing with a usb port. or a power port (ciz lighter) and a bunch of other things, The trick is for the thug not to find why it won't go vroom. a non stock plug, is going to stand out .
Anything is better than nothing. many ways to skin a cat.
Sponsored