monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

Has anyone used this brand of 5w50 engine oil? I know liquid moly makes the oil additive ceratec, I've used it w good success. But never bought there regular oil.

Thanks, Anthony

20220114_170253.jpg
Sponsored

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Can't speak of it in my Mustang/Coyote, but my friend uses Liqui Moli exclusively at his shop for everything, and I use it in my other cars. If I wasn't head over heels for Motul 5w50 sport ester, they'd probably be my next in line.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Can't speak of it in my Mustang/Coyote, but my friend uses Liqui Moli exclusively at his shop for everything, and I use it in my other cars. If I wasn't head over heels for Motul 5w50 sport ester, they'd probably be my next in line.
Where do you buy this Motul 5w50, that you speak of ? I used the liquid moly CERATEC and love it!

Thanks Anthony

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Liqui Moly is a very high quality and popular brand of oil, especially in the racing world.

It's a little bit tougher to get in the US, so probably why you don't see it alot.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If I wasn't head over heels for Motul 5w50 sport ester
What's that got that makes it "better" than other brands? I'm looking to step up to a better oil for road racing so your post piqued my interest (insert DjangoLeoDicaprio.gif)

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I've never used the 5w50 but I do use their 10w60 in my HD.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Disclaimer : I am not an expert, and I don't intend to represent myself as one. Purely speaking from my experiences. I break an awful lot of parts, following in my footsteps might get costly.

What's that got that makes it "better" than other brands? I'm looking to step up to a better oil for road racing so your post piqued my interest (insert DjangoLeoDicaprio.gif)
Probably my fault for spending a few weeks on Bob is the Oil guy forums. What I can tell is that an ester is generally used in a very high temperature application, which may also be in a high compression engine (like 18+ Coyote) and tend to exhibit better operating viscosity than a standard or full/blended synthetic. Comparatively, it also has a greater hydrolytic stability, and for my bang/buck, it sits between their 8100 Xcess and top of the line 300V Formula/Trophy products, both pretty well regarded, and for my POS racecar is good enough for me. Despite all the things that I've broken or damaged, it still had no problems in 115f track days, and when I change and filter the outgoing oil, and cut apart the filter, I don't see a speckle other than the occasional dirt grain that sneaks through a filter. I could do much worse, and there are likely much better, but I'm happy with what I've got from this so far.

Where do you buy this Motul 5w50, that you speak of ? I used the liquid moly CERATEC and love it!

Thanks Anthony
Amazon works just fine, I'm seller agnostic and try to buy a few boxes at a time when I get a paycheck, as with our cars, an oil change works out to be a pretty expensive one. Doesn't help that I run e85, which with its higher water content means that it'll eventually sneak its way into the oil and freak me the hell out that my motor is gon'asplode, but then I'm only racing the car maybe monthly, and not driving it around town and whatnot.
Sponsored

Last edited: