Sponsored

Anyone ever have the A10 not upshift at WOT?

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Today I had a (rare for Austin) chance to be first at a stoplight with a lot of open road in front of me. I dropped the shifter into S and gave it the goose when the light went green. So I zip up to about 35-40 MPH and instead of upshifting at redline the car starts banging off the limiter in 1st. I was confused and it took me several seconds to react, but I then used the paddles to manually upshift. I'm familiar with how the drive modes work, and I don't think that I accidentally put it in manual shift mode, as I don't think I used the paddles to shift before hitting the gas...but I can't rule it out completely. I hope I didn't hurt anything...

A number of months ago, I had another time when I was bouncing off the limiter at the top of 2nd or 3d, but in that case I think I confused it by using the paddles to downshift into 2nd (in normal mode) and getting on it when I was close to redline anyway.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Have you tried to replicate the drive again (in a non-public area)?

If the stick is in ā€˜Sā€™ and you touch the paddles - it is still supposed to auto-upshift IF the Driver is not intervening with a paddle shift.

If you selected Drive Mode ā€œSport+ā€ AND the stick is placed in D OR S - and you touch the paddle, itā€™s in full manual mode - the Driver HAS to make the upshift. The car will not auto-upshift after a paddle is touched when Drive Mode is ā€œSport+ā€œ.

FYI -
I do have a 10R80 thread in the Issues/TSB sub-forum on here where all of the current S550 10R80 Ford TSB/SSMā€™s have been posted.

If it is a trans issue itā€™s possible it could be:
1) valve body related
2) damaged one-way clutch which prevents upshifts past 2nd gear

Hereā€™s the thread you should review:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-10r80-a10-most-recent-tsbā€™s-in-here.102918/

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
You most likely accidentaly hit a paddle putting it in manual mode like said above. I have done this on accident in drag mode.

If it doesnā€™t do it again this was the case.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
About 99% sure you hit the paddle in S mode. I rarely use the manual option. You can drop it in S mode to select a gear to hold as in a roll. Once you go wot move shifter back into drive.

OP
OP
Zathras

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's been driving OK the last couple of days. Maybe I did accidentally hit the paddle without meaning to...
Sponsored