Sponsored

Anyone Else's Insurance Rate Increased? (+30%!)

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
basically nothing. a few bucks. My vehicles have traditionally not carried collision, but uninsured has gone WAY up on my policy in the last year. Border/immigration enforcement matters.
MEH. it matters but not in this subject. The problem is the police don't bother enforcing revoked tags and no insurance And they have plate readers that scan every plate the camera sees . We have a problem and it is those in power have made it clear to look the other way if the driver is lets say very "tanned". And they know it so they don't fear getting popped for it. So why pay for plates and insurance when they know the police aint gonna do shyt.
But if my little sticker on my plate is out of date because the RMV is slow and still waiting on the new one in the mail. I will be stopped within a few days.
Yup, they have won, thugs can do as they please because the popo fear doing their job will end their career So, look the other way. Insurance is going to keep going up because of this. This is only the begining.

ShadesOfBloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Datsun wagon, '92 240SX, '08 Evo, '20 Mustang GT
That might work on a gutless slug with no oats, but a v8 mustang almost anyone could get rolling.
"Anyone" would have to understand some part of the manual transmission, and then my 2.4L Nissan would get rolling way more easily than my V8 Mustang.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
"Anyone" would have to understand some part of the manual transmission, and then my 2.4L Nissan would get rolling way more easily than my V8 Mustang.
If only today we had the information in the palm of our hands in a split second, including how to video's. maybe one day this will be reality. oh wait.

OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
Mine went up 20%. I called them and they said it wasn't anything I've done. They must just be taking advantage of inflation and raising their rates or there's been way more claims and they're passing the cost onto us. Which generally is how insurance companies operate.
What company are you with?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Not any longer.
Usually to be on a "Collector Car-like" Policy, the vehicle does need to be in a locked garage when not in use and it cannot be a primary mode of transportation (daily driven).

Since when is it "not any longer"?

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
Usually to be on a "Collector Car-like" Policy, the vehicle does need to be in a locked garage when not in use and it cannot be a primary mode of transportation (daily driven).

Since when is it "not any longer"?
They said it was not a requirement any longer when I added in a second vehicle to my policy this past summer.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
My insurance decreased this January by 22%. I live outside the Washington DC area for what it matters. I am 36.

stars_fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
21 GT PP1, 20 Tesla M3P & 21 Ducati SFV4S
Mine went up too. The problem is the hordes of illegals with no insurance in Texas. They cause so many claims and if cops show up they stop understanding anything.

The wife’s 22 Honda Odyssey is cheaper than my 12 F150 to insure.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stangnut

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
My insurance decreased this January by 22%. I live outside the Washington DC area for what it matters. I am 36.
Wow. I'm guessing that hasn't happened to many people recently.

OLD8BA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DAVE
Vehicle(s)
SHADOW BLACK GT
here in Aus my home ins increased by 33.7% no rhyme or reason i have had no claims i live in a basically crime free area have cameras installed etc etc im with shannons who have insured all my cars hotrods, customs and normal cars like the mustangs again w/out a claim
been with them for around 20years dont know about the cars as they are not due

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE