Anyone else wanna see a return of boss 302?

DDrivenShelby

Reaction score
First Name
Raj
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I remember all the hype Boss 302 had when it first premiered. With the GT350, Mach 1, and the PP GTs they would hve to make significant improvements to create a market for it…weight reductions being at the forefront. Im for it as well as the 429 ! They should make the Boss 302 the track weapon and the 429 the drag monster. Released together like the 350 and the 500. Wait ..that bridge has already bn built and crossed. I doubt we will see either anytime soon with the market being revamped by environmental legislations!
Advertisement

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
There is already one between these two..the GT350/R. Made to be the perfect blend of power and handling!
I honestly miss s197 cause those were straight line cars and I wish ford made more mustangs that were just raw power and muscle

OP
OP
Mr whiskers5.0

Mr whiskers5.0

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 rapid red mustang gt
There is already one between these two..the GT350/R. Made to be the perfect blend of power and handling!
And the environment stuff is bunch bullshit and just ruins everything who cares about the environment

Mikthehun1

Reaction score
First Name
Mik
Vehicle(s)
19 GT a10, 19 Charger Scat Pack
And the environment stuff is bunch bullshit and just ruins everything who cares about the environment
Anyone who lives in it :cwl:

But, it's not cars that are the biggest culprit:

total-ghg-2021.png

That "transportation" section includes shipping and aerospace. About 58% is light duty vehicles. That leaves around 16-17% of US emissions from cars. Not the smallest, but also not the biggest. If every car was suddenly an EV, it still wouldn't address the bulk of that chart (not to mention shift quite a bit into the Electricity slice).

More importantly though, look at the car sales in the US in 2020 vs all sports cars:

14,500,000 (11,000,000 of which were "light trucks")

Vs.

~270,000 sports cars of all makes/models

That's 1.6% of our roughly 16.5% overall emissions.

That's 0.25% of the total emissions for the US

(Yes this is assuming a lot of homogenous output and usage, but for an aggregated rough estimate it works)

Sports cars are a flashy scapegoat for sure. But, if you like to breathe, drink, and eat, you really should care at least a bit about the environment. End of the day, you've probably personally done more damage buying Chinese made products on Amazon than 100 sports cars.

China produces more than double the emissions of the US. Plus, anything made there needs to get here. On bunker fuel burning ships. Then it goes all over the country on diesel trucks & trains.

Where was I going with this? I don't know, buy American whenever you can. Stop buying cheap shit from China. Fuck Jeff Bezos and his dildo rocket :crackup:

2014_emissions_0.png

I Bleed Ford Blue

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 grabber blue GT PP1 convertible
With all the modern safety equipment and sound deadening, getting a coyote equipped mustang down to 3000-3200 lbs would be a significantly smaller car. So I can see his point.

Hack

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Fiesta
A N/A 580 hp coyote based engine already exists, the A52 XS aluminator.
As long as it is emissions legal, I'm good (hint - it isn't).

If they do make a Boss in the S550 platform it should have what this chassis desperately needs, significant weight reduction. We have power, RPM, IRS, etc; the right elements are present but the 3800+lbs is ridiculous for a performance car. A lightweight Boss (3000-3200 lbs) with at least 500hp would be an amazing street/track performer.
I think if they could reach 3400 pounds it would be enough. But yes, closer to 3,000-3,200 would be better.

I dont want the mustang much lighter then it is right now honestly
So you prefer to have less performance? Seriously, reducing weight is one of the best performance mods.

I care about the environment. It's another reason to make cars smaller. It takes less energy to build a smaller car, and less energy to operate it. The biggest loads of BS are the government regs that allow huge pickups and SUVs to be built, but a small sports car gets hit with a gas guzzler fine. And electric vehicles aren't actually better for the environment than gasoline cars.

With all the modern safety equipment and sound deadening, getting a coyote equipped mustang down to 3000-3200 lbs would be a significantly smaller car. So I can see his point.
The Mustang doesn't use the size very efficiently. If I compare the rear seat leg room in my Fiesta to that of the Mustang, the Fiesta has more. It may not be easy to get down to 3,000 lbs - but 3,600 would be a whole lot better than over 4,000, which is the direction Ford seems to be going.

AceS550

Reaction score
First Name
Ace
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
As long as it is emissions legal, I'm good (hint - it isn't).

I think if they could reach 3400 pounds it would be enough. But yes, closer to 3,000-3,200 would be better.

So you prefer to have less performance? Seriously, reducing weight is one of the best performance mods.

I care about the environment. It's another reason to make cars smaller. It takes less energy to build a smaller car, and less energy to operate it. The biggest loads of BS are the government regs that allow huge pickups and SUVs to be built, but a small sports car gets hit with a gas guzzler fine. And electric vehicles aren't actually better for the environment than gasoline cars.

The Mustang doesn't use the size very efficiently. If I compare the rear seat leg room in my Fiesta to that of the Mustang, the Fiesta has more. It may not be easy to get down to 3,000 lbs - but 3,600 would be a whole lot better than over 4,000, which is the direction Ford seems to be going.
I agree 100%, everything doesn’t need to be yacht sized. Unfortunately that is what attracts vehicle buyers now.

oneheadlite

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
..wonder if there is more room in the engine bay of an S197 as
opposed to a S550?
Which car could handle the 7.1 engine better?

Labradog

Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I want the Predator block (minus the supercharger)with that DCT.

subject617

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT, 2020 Bullitt
I like math & history;

302 cid = 4.94889 liters

Since manufacturers historically used only one decimal place, they usually rounded up;

4.94889 round up the 8 to 9, which then becomes 4.9489 liters, continue on, 4.949 liters, 4.95 liters, 5.0 liters.

A true 5.0L would be 305.119 cubic inches. <- Chevy nailed it haha.
Even mercedes did that with their 6.3 badge, which was a 6.2, and now the C63etc. are 4.0 :D

The rounding thing is just BS... "Hurr, we rounded up so the 4.51 is a 5.0" Yeah and 5 rounds up to 10, so we all have 10.0 Coyotes?
The Displacment misendeavour is widespread at Ford, the Gen3 Mustang was advertised in europe with 4.943(or so), while it already hat the increased bore.

I doubt any more special editions are coming, the Bullitt ran for longer than initially advertised. (We only make X Number limited production! - While X is the number of people who want one)

A Boss302 with a higher Redline than Mach1 and Co would be cool though. Imagine the Coyote going to 8000+ Stock. :D

Advertisement

100 - Vargas Turbo - 1
Advertisement