Sponsored

Anyone else use their Mustang as a Touring vehicle?

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Good point re weight: I've owned a wide range of convertibles starting with my first vehicle, a beautiful sky blue '68 Fiat Spider (with an engine no more powerful than a sewing machine), and agree, this is a place where the GT convertible's "heft" is helpful. As I am usually touring in Big Sky Country, winds that can at times be daunting do not push it all over the road.

I had it lowered an inch as well, which of course helps.

As to tank capacity, true enough, but the rate-limiting step for how often I have to stop is my aging bladder, not tank size.
Sponsored

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I just finished a 4000 mile trip in my Mustang from Alabama to points West and enjoyed it. This is my second long tour in 3 yrs and both turned out well besides a cracked windshield.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
Me & the misses are both finally vaccinated sooo we’re leaving the Boston area for Virginia Beach then onto Florida in a couple weeks.We plan to be on the road for at least a week to ten days. I’m also planning on a longer trip out west possibly later in the summer.

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
Well, our trip to myrtle beach got canceled (due to reported gas shortages there and Ashville, NC.)
So we decided to head out west instead! Out here in Sunnny Socal after driving through Iowa, Nebraska, Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
The goal for me with this car is drive it all of the continental 48 states. I all said and done round trip I am looking at about 4k miles on this vacation, so far 2k down and the wife and I are absolutely loving the comfort and power. I just wish it had a 20-24 gallon tank because the fuel range sucks.

Epona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Well... Alaska IS part of North America - but Canada's COVID restrictions remain intact, sadly, for now. I have a nephew and family in Victoria, BC, but right now they may as well live on Mars. Planning that route, especially if done in one, long trip, could be very interesting in terms of logistics! Good luck. Sounds like fun.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
Well... Alaska IS part of North America - but Canada's COVID restrictions remain intact, sadly, for now. I have a nephew and family in Victoria, BC, but right now they may as well live on Mars. Planning that route, especially if done in one, long trip, could be very interesting in terms of logistics! Good luck. Sounds like fun.
That sucks about Canada's rules, hope they relax them soon.
If I ever drive up to Alaska (which some day I'd like to drive the alcan) it probably won't be in my mustang.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks about Canada's rules, hope they relax them soon.
If I ever drive up to Alaska (which some day I'd like to drive the alcan) it probably won't be in my mustang.
its beautiful. I drove from Alaska to Ohio in my scion lol. it was a long, but beautiful drive.
1604613_10152220700503923_1256914530_n_10152220700503923.jpg

Reap

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harald
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2017 Mustang
I just finished a 4300 mile round trip going out West from Alabama in my 2017 V6.

Justpassingas

Justpassingas
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
21 GT Premium 2016 F150
We just finished a 3800 mile east coast Boston to Florida via Virginia Beach/ Outer Banks and returned up through Maggie Valley & Dragons Tail. Fifteen states in little over week...Time for its first oil change.

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I'm excited. I ended up ordering a 2021 GT Premium 401a pack 6spd car with active exhaust, B&O stereo, in Twister orange with back accent package.
As for people mentioning road noise and rattles, it is still going to be quieter than my last couple Summer DD/Touring cars (88 Corvette and 01 Corvette).
This will be my summer daily as well as road trip vehicle when its just myself or if the wife tags along.

I have had a lot of cars, believe it or not my C4 was probably one of my favorites for road trips, sure it was loud and the A/C absolutely sucked in it, but that car fit like a glove and just ate the miles up effortlessly.
I have high hopes for this Mustang though, with any luck it will see all of the lower 48 while in my possession.

Having just got back from a 7 hour trip each way, My GT with PP1 was very comfortable. My AWE Exhaust was great, after 7 hours in the saddle I had no discomfort what so ever. Turned back 27 mpg with cruise at 80.

Having had 2 C4's and a C5 I would have to agree about the C4 being a great road trip vehicle. My 86 was better than the 93 (sport seats in the 86 vs base seats in the 93) My AC worked great, but yes it was loud, then again I usually had the targa off. I miss both my C4's, not the C5 oddly enough.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I would love to be able to use my Mustang for touring, but I can only manage about 1/2 hour before sciatic nerve problems make it unbearable. If I could get my wife to share the driving it would probably be OK. But, she has every excuse you can think of why she can only drive her SUV.

Sabre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2023 Mach 1 with Handling Package
From July 26th to October 20th of 2020 I put 10,000 miles on my new 2020 GT Premium Performance Pak LEVEL 2....attending Mustang events. As far east as New Jersey....as far west as Utah. From Detroit in the north to Birmingham Alabama in the south. I plan to do the same again this year, so I guess it's safe to say I use my Mustang as a touring car.
Sponsored